General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mini MightyMan Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-04-20 7:03 PM
in reply to: #4125290

User image

Subject: RE: Mini MightyMan Triathlon : Official Thread

Ah I see, thank you, I was starting to panic not knowing what made three loops. A cone or something would be a good idea. 

2012-04-21 10:31 AM

User image

Veteran

we should take a BT photo before the race ... before I stress out my injured hip and get all surly ...

I am thinking (as long as the rain holds off) - of placing my family on the curve and asking thenm to yell at me - one - two -three ... figure thats the easiest way for me not to screw up.

2012-04-22 4:13 PM

User image

Wow, how awesome was that!  The rains held off just long enough for us to get the race in. 

I had an awesome swim (for me) but when I got to the end of the swim, I looked at my watch and saw 0:00.  Ugh.  I pushed the button when I crossed the mat to start, but apparently not hard enough.  And unfortunately they moved the timing mat back to in front of T1, so I've no idea what my real swim time was.  Good thing is that's the only critcism I have.  The Race Organizers and volunteers did an excellent job. 

Out of curiosity, did anyone wear a GPS watch for the Bike or Run?  Just curious what the real distances are as I suspect the Bike is Short and the Run Long ; which is fine - few courses are exact, and everyone has to run the same course.   

Edited by Dream Chaser 2012-04-22 4:15 PM
2012-04-22 5:38 PM
in reply to: #4165713

User image

Veteran

Glad the rain held off ...

You are very consistent - almost the exact same time from last year.

Swim was bad - seeded myself to slow and had to fight to pass 18 people and the one guy that twice swam at me head on.  

Enjoyed the bike - very pleased I was able to hammer out a top 40 time for the field - if I hadn't gone so cautios on the turns I think I could have done better.  

Both my transitions sucked and my run was miserable (nagging injury) but the Event Power guys did a great job.  Bummed I did not win a raffle prize but was happy the eyeglass table hooked me up with a Rudy Project shirt and hat when she saw my helmet - fun time!

My GPS watch only picked up halfway into the second lap of the bike ...

Dream Chaser - 2012-04-22 5:13 PM

Wow, how awesome was that!  The rains held off just long enough for us to get the race in. 

I had an awesome swim (for me) but when I got to the end of the swim, I looked at my watch and saw 0:00.  Ugh.  I pushed the button when I crossed the mat to start, but apparently not hard enough.  And unfortunately they moved the timing mat back to in front of T1, so I've no idea what my real swim time was.  Good thing is that's the only critcism I have.  The Race Organizers and volunteers did an excellent job. 

Out of curiosity, did anyone wear a GPS watch for the Bike or Run?  Just curious what the real distances are as I suspect the Bike is Short and the Run Long ; which is fine - few courses are exact, and everyone has to run the same course.   

2012-04-22 5:54 PM

User image

Veteran

My GPS on the bike had 4.98 miles .  I started it when I mounted the bike and I don't think I turned it off until I racked the bike.

2012-04-22 9:23 PM

User image

Austin, North Carolina
I hope everyone had a good race, and a good time - incredible how the weather held of just long enough. I didn't bother with my GPS, but my split was EXACTLY what I was anticipating for the bike leg, assuming the loops were 2m a piece. I'm wondering if the weather made for an inaccurate GPS reading...

Good enough swim, bike is still my weak point, and made up some time on the run. Transitions were horrible...but I'm learning. Good enough for 20th overall, 2nd AG...so that was cool.

2012-04-23 6:07 AM

User image

Veteran
James - they removed the 9 people that DQ'd - looks like you came in 19th overall ...
2012-04-23 10:59 AM
in reply to: #4166433

User image

Austin, North Carolina

BigPaulD - 2012-04-23 7:07 AM James - they removed the 9 people that DQ'd - looks like you came in 19th overall ...

Yeah, I just saw that. This race was great for me because it took my weaknesses - experience, transition, bike...and threw them right back in my face. Very motivating. Filled out a race report if anyone is curious. I'll be back next year, for sure.

2012-04-23 11:01 AM

Veteran
New York, Connecticut

Bike was 5 miles and the run was 2.11. 

How did everyone do?

2012-04-23 2:47 PM

User image

Survived! My goal was to finish in under 55 minutes and finished way faster then that. Plus after the DQ'd people were removed, I came in 3rd in my age group (was originally 4th). Was  happy with the whole race, it really was a fun event, and didn't come across one person who was anything but friendly, both the participants and the event power people. Really was an awesome day. Signing up for Smiths Point as we speak....I think I get what everyone meant when they said I'd be hooked.

Thanks for all the advice all you veterans gave through BT, really helped so much!

2012-04-23 3:26 PM
in reply to: #4167835

User image

Veteran
congrats on the good time Trisha ... I am locked in for three more Event Power races ... looking forward to Great South Bay next ...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mini MightyMan Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2