General Discussion Race Reports! » Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Scottsdale, Arizona
United States
Race Place Events
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 47m 36s
Overall Rank = 97/440
Age Group = M40-44
Age Group Rank = 11/31
Pre-race routine:

Woke up early (as usual), and did some stretching. Had a normal training-day breakfast (wheat bagel with PB, Nutella & Honey), some G2 and a 5hr energy. Since I live a mile or so from the course, I decided to run down to the start to get warmed up.
Event warmup:

Easy running from our house to the start line, some additional stretching once at the start to stay loose.
Run
  • 47m 36s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

I was running both the 10K and 5K today (Double Down) in a warm up for the Lost Dutchman marathon the following week. With the 5K complete, I had a bit less energy on the 10K than if I was only running this distance. I started off well and felt strong throughout, although there were times I felt like I was slower than expected. Regardless, I pushed through and passed a number of people on the latter half of the race who had gone out too quickly.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really - running in two (2) races in one day I think I conserved enough energy to place well in both races without hurting myself.
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out to see the awards and had some water and a banana. Walked/ran home to finish my day.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Running two (2) races I suppose, but that was the plan all along.

Event comments:

Runner's Den are good people, and for the small size of this race, they do a good job organizing it. Having a race so close to home is a nice change of pace.

Last updated: 2012-01-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:36 | 06.21 miles | 07m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/31
Overall: 97/440
Performance: Good
3.25 min spent in LT HR zone (145-169BPM) 42.5 min spent in AeC HR zone (170-185BPM)
Course: City streets clockwise loop in Scottsdale (40th St, Tatum, Thunderbird)
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-04-04 8:53 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Scottsdale
Subject: Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Runner's Den Classic Road Race - 10K Rss Feed