General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best Running Hat Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-08 11:43 AM

New user
Indio, CA
Subject: Best Running Hat

Hi All,

I'm seeking some recommendations on running hats. What I need is something that can do the best job at wicking away the sweat. I'm a huge fan of Halo Headbands and use them all the time. However, when it came to using their hats and visors, the headband part slid around a lot and became uncomfortable.  Because I have fair and sensitive skin I refuse to race tris or half-marathons without a hat.  For one of my last races I got a hat from Brooks that was supposed to do the job, but I noticed it really retained a lot of moisture.

What do you think works best to wick away the sweat and moisture for longer runs outside?

2012-04-08 1:24 PM
in reply to: #4136643

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Best Running Hat
slowfatbeginner - 2012-04-08 11:43 AM

Hi All,

I'm seeking some recommendations on running hats. What I need is something that can do the best job at wicking away the sweat. I'm a huge fan of Halo Headbands and use them all the time. However, when it came to using their hats and visors, the headband part slid around a lot and became uncomfortable.  Because I have fair and sensitive skin I refuse to race tris or half-marathons without a hat.  For one of my last races I got a hat from Brooks that was supposed to do the job, but I noticed it really retained a lot of moisture.

What do you think works best to wick away the sweat and moisture for longer runs outside?

I love my Headsweats.  I've been using the same hat for almost 2 years.  It still wicks sweat like a champ.  I also like that I can pop it in the wash every week or two to freshen it up.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best Running Hat Rss Feed