General Discussion Triathlon Talk » COOL Swim Team Spring Swim Clinic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-08 2:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Subject: COOL Swim Team Spring Swim Clinic

For all of you hanging around here, just wanted to let you know, once again, this year, continuation of COOL Swim Team tradition and former Head Coach Laurie Reaburn's project, we are offering adult swim clinics on 04/28 and 05/05, 8-10am, Indian Trail Middle School in Olathe.

The swim clinics on both dates are offered to adults, beginners, intermediate and advanced masters swimmers as well as triathletes. The focus of the clinic will be carefully tailored to the individual needs of each group.

Beginners will get instruction in foundation of stroke development. Dedicated coach for that group will cover everything from basics of air exchange to stroke construction with focus on long axis strokes during the first session to short axis strokes in the second session.

Intermediate and advanced masters competitive and recreational swimmers will enjoy instruction and refinement in all 4 strokes, as well as turns and starts.

Triathletes, get their needs addressed in a very effective way through stroke analysis, stroke correction and improvement, open water racing techniques and strategies. We will also provide a short briefing in construction of swim training component in triathlon as well as foundation in designing the swim workouts so you can effectively manage your own work in the pool.

The clinic is lead by me this time, USA and ASCA Level 2 certified coach/ stroke technician, ASCA Level 3 Physiology School complete, been coaching for COOL 2 years, all levels, from developmental swimmers 8 and under to High School level State and Junior National qualifiers. 

I will be accompanied by coaching staff from COOL that includes several former successful collegiate level swimmers, ASCA Level 3 certified coaches. The number of coaches will depend on interest but will satisfy the need for individual attention of each swimmer.

The price will be $30.00 per session. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] or you can call my cell (913)706-0787.

It will be my pleasure to assist you with your swimming development.

2012-04-08 9:08 PM
in reply to: #4136784

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: COOL Swim Team Spring Swim Clinic

For those of you who want to improve your swim, $30 is a bargain for what you will get out of a clinic like this.  I participated in this clinic a few years ago, well worth the time.

2012-04-09 10:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Thanks Alan. We are going to have some fun for sure.
2012-05-02 10:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe, Kansas
Hey, guys, we had a lots fun on 04/28, the next clinic is 05/05 as advertised above, if you are interested, join us. You can email me too. Thanks.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » COOL Swim Team Spring Swim Clinic Rss Feed