Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 39

2012-04-12 10:32 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: RFP GROUP - CLOSED

WHEN CAN YOU START MENTORING CONSISTENTLY: Today

NAME: tmoran80 / Tim

STORY: I have always been a runner since I was a kid (cross country, track, etc...)  I did my first marathon (Chicago 91') as a Junior in high school.  Never was fast but just enjoyed the challenge of pushing myself.  Ever since I was little kid I would watch Ironman on NBC and want to do it but never really "believed" I could.  During college, post college and first few years of marriage my fitness consisted of 12 oz. curls and I was the heviest I have ever been.  When we had our first child (2004) I made a vow that I would not be one of those out of shape dads who cannot do anything with their kids and I signed up for the Chicago Marathon 2008.  I did it again in 2009 but was plagued with injuries.  I decide it was time for Triathlons.  Learned (and still learning) how to swim and bike and I have been addicted ever since. I have completed 2 HIM's (Branson & Racine), multiple triathlons and am now set to complete my long term goal (dream) of completing a full Ironman at IMWI on September 9, 2012.  

FAMILY STATUS: Married with 3 kids (Evan 7, Sophia 5, Myles 5 months

CURRENT TRAINING: I need a plan to train.  While I read and try to take in as much information as I can I require structure for a successful training program.  For IMWI I am using the Fink Ironfit Training Program. 

THIS YEAR'S RACES: This year I plan on doing the Galena Triathlon, Rockford Olympic Tri, Racine 70.3, Oshkosh Olympic, and Ironman Wisconsin.

WEIGHTLOSS: When I started training again in 2008 I had reached 200 lbs.  Since then I have maintained my weight around 165-170 just from consistent training.  My problem is usually I don't eat enough-haha

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: While I may not be the most experienced triathlete I can truly say that I have immersed myself into this lifestyle and have learned a great amount of info and still enjoy learning something new each day.  I will do my best to help answer any questions or if I don't know the answer I surely will get it for you.  Time management is something that each triathlete needs to focus on to be successful and that is something that I have had to deal with over the past three years with 3 kids, full time job, part time job playing in a successful Chicago cover band and fitting in my half and full Ironman training.  But most of all I hope to be able to inspire and drive people to stay at this sport and be as successful at reaching whatever goals they have laid out.

Edited by tmoran80 2012-04-20 12:26 PM

2012-04-12 12:07 PM
in reply to: #4145781

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: RFP GROUP REV 3 - OPEN

Tim:

I am in if you will take me Smile. I have a crazy day ahead but will post complete bio late tonight or first thing tomorrow before my swim.

KC

2012-04-12 12:57 PM

User image

Veteran

I am in.  So glad we are staying together as a group.

Great story to share when I have time later tonight...

2012-04-12 1:30 PM

User image

Expert

KC - well I have spent the day thinking about it and determined that I will let you be part of this groupWink haha.

Brian - Glad to see you here and looking forward to the story.  I am gonna need your experience to help get me to the finish line in September.

2012-04-12 3:17 PM

User image

New user
Chicago, IL

Hey guys!  I'm alive, I'm alive! Hehe Smile I've been MIA for a while, sorry about that.  Between looking on the EN forums and trying to keep up with my own blog about this ironman journey, I'm all internets'd out.  I hope you will still let me be a part of the group though! Pretty please, with a cherry on top? Laughing

Things are going well on my end.  Had my long run today, such a gorgeous day outside! 8.71 miles. Murphy was with me and he really enjoyed the run outside...he's all tuckered out and sleeping now.  

Hope everyone is doing well! And I promise to be better about checking in! (now that I've said it out loud, I will hold myself accountable, haha! assuming I'm allowed in the group of course Wink)

2012-04-12 3:58 PM

South Wales, UK

Hello there

Could I please join your group? It was the time management part that really got me!

Name   Diane Brownhill

Story    My friend and I are attempting our first triathlon for my 40th birthday. Its in June and is 750m open swim, 20mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. Crumbs sounds longer when I write it down. I am following the Beginners Triathlon 20 week Olympic Training Program as that seems to tally better with the bike distance. I have ran previously and suffered with piriformis injury so i began swimming and a friend suggested triathlon, so here I am. I'm enjoying it and feel good half way through the training. The triathlon is on 23rd June and is just down the road in Mumbles, South Wales, UK.

Family  I have two little girls, Amelie 5 and Esme 2, also two older stepdaughters Ffion 15 and Nia 12 who spend a week with us and then a week at there mums. My partner who is a keen runner and plays cricket...season has just started. Its very busy here!!!!

Current Training Following 20 week Olympic Training Plan

Weight 128lbs could lose a few but prefer to tone  up a little

Races Mumbles Long Sprint Triathlon 23rd June 2012 and would love to do the Gower Olympic Triathlon 2012 but havent entered that one yet!!!!!!!!

Thanks hope thats ok? I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Diane x

2012-04-12 4:33 PM

New user

Name   Matt Foster

Story    I got such a kick out of training for and running my first half marathon in March, that I thought I’d take it another step.  I was never much of an athlete, and was only persuaded to do the half marathon after a glass or two of wine when a couple friends suggested it.  It’s sure a confidence builder!  I guess I always used to think I’d like to do a triathlon, but I was a swimmer in high school, a casual cyclist by necessity (commuting in Boston and then DC and Charlottesville), but never was a runner.  Well the half marathon helped me realize that I can at least complete a running event, even if not super fast.  So… I’ve signed up for my first sprint tri on June 17 in Charlottesville, VA just down the road from home and have just started using the BT standard HR training for sprint tris.

Family  My wife, Sabrina, and I have been married for almost 8 years and have a wonderfully hyper black lab, Lucy – beagle mix who loves to go on training runs (Lucy’s longest is 10 miles!).  Sabrina was also convinced to do the half marathon, but not the sprint tri.

Current Training Following BT Basic 12 week sprint training, but I started last week – jumped in at the second/third week in order to complete it by June 17.  So far this week I’ve done 3,000 swimming (in 200 meter intervals), an hour and a half on my bike (not sure of distance), and a 4.2 mile run on Monday.  I’m going for another 4 mile run this evening before hitting the gym for my second day of strength training…

Weight Went from 200 lb to 179 while training for the half marathon (over 5 months), and could stand to lose another 5 or 10 perhaps (I’m 6’0&rdquo.

Races: Charlotetsville Sprint Triathlon on June 17, 2012.  If that goes as planned I hope to do the Luray International Triathlon on August 18th.  I also plan to do another half marathon on October 21, 2012– the inaugural Runner’s World Half Marathon in Bethlehem, PA.

I hope this is all that is needed.  Need to go get on my bike!

All the best,

Matt
2012-04-12 4:39 PM

South Wales, UK

Hi again

have just filled in some of the training log so i hope that helps a little.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cheers Diane x

2012-04-12 4:54 PM
in reply to: #4147058

User image

Expert

Welcome to the group Diane! Glad to hear that your training is going good and that your injury has not flared up.  I think you are gonna get hooked on triathlon.  I followed a similiar path as I was tired of alsways ending up hurt from running and (knock on wood) have stayed almost injury free with my tri training the past 3 years.

Glad to have you on board and I think you learn a lot from this group as there is are so pretty great people here.

diane.b - 2012-04-12 3:58 PM

Hello there

Could I please join your group? It was the time management part that really got me!

Name   Diane Brownhill

Story    My friend and I are attempting our first triathlon for my 40th birthday. Its in June and is 750m open swim, 20mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. Crumbs sounds longer when I write it down. I am following the Beginners Triathlon 20 week Olympic Training Program as that seems to tally better with the bike distance. I have ran previously and suffered with piriformis injury so i began swimming and a friend suggested triathlon, so here I am. I'm enjoying it and feel good half way through the training. The triathlon is on 23rd June and is just down the road in Mumbles, South Wales, UK.

Family  I have two little girls, Amelie 5 and Esme 2, also two older stepdaughters Ffion 15 and Nia 12 who spend a week with us and then a week at there mums. My partner who is a keen runner and plays cricket...season has just started. Its very busy here!!!!

Current Training Following 20 week Olympic Training Plan

Weight 128lbs could lose a few but prefer to tone  up a little

Races Mumbles Long Sprint Triathlon 23rd June 2012 and would love to do the Gower Olympic Triathlon 2012 but havent entered that one yet!!!!!!!!

Thanks hope thats ok? I look forward to hearing from you

Regards

Diane x

2012-04-12 5:04 PM
in reply to: #4147154

User image

Expert

Welcome to the group Matt!  This sport, while very physically demanding, relies on mental toughness.  I am sure you felt great finishing that 1/2 marathon.  I was just commenting to my wife last night about much experience and having confidence in yourself plays such a huge part in endurance sports.  Once you KNOW you can do something it changes your whole view.  You are gonna love triathlon.  How do you like the HR training?  

mfoster73 - 2012-04-12 4:33 PM

Name   Matt Foster

Story    I got such a kick out of training for and running my first half marathon in March, that I thought I’d take it another step.  I was never much of an athlete, and was only persuaded to do the half marathon after a glass or two of wine when a couple friends suggested it.  It’s sure a confidence builder!  I guess I always used to think I’d like to do a triathlon, but I was a swimmer in high school, a casual cyclist by necessity (commuting in Boston and then DC and Charlottesville), but never was a runner.  Well the half marathon helped me realize that I can at least complete a running event, even if not super fast.  So… I’ve signed up for my first sprint tri on June 17 in Charlottesville, VA just down the road from home and have just started using the BT standard HR training for sprint tris.

Family  My wife, Sabrina, and I have been married for almost 8 years and have a wonderfully hyper black lab, Lucy – beagle mix who loves to go on training runs (Lucy’s longest is 10 miles!).  Sabrina was also convinced to do the half marathon, but not the sprint tri.

Current Training Following BT Basic 12 week sprint training, but I started last week – jumped in at the second/third week in order to complete it by June 17.  So far this week I’ve done 3,000 swimming (in 200 meter intervals), an hour and a half on my bike (not sure of distance), and a 4.2 mile run on Monday.  I’m going for another 4 mile run this evening before hitting the gym for my second day of strength training…

Weight Went from 200 lb to 179 while training for the half marathon (over 5 months), and could stand to lose another 5 or 10 perhaps (I’m 6’0&rdquo.

Races: Charlotetsville Sprint Triathlon on June 17, 2012.  If that goes as planned I hope to do the Luray International Triathlon on August 18th.  I also plan to do another half marathon on October 21, 2012– the inaugural Runner’s World Half Marathon in Bethlehem, PA.

I hope this is all that is needed.  Need to go get on my bike!

All the best,

Matt
2012-04-12 5:07 PM
in reply to: #4146914

User image

Expert

Hey Sarah - glad to see you back.  Good to see your training is going good.  Are you liking the EN program.  A couple guys that swim at my pool are doing that.  I actually found this today on line - not sure if you have heard this before but I plan to listen to it on my ride home from work tonight - it is the talk from a previous Endurance Nation IMWI rally.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/enation/WI_Rally_Day1.mp3

saskat - 2012-04-12 3:17 PM

Hey guys!  I'm alive, I'm alive! Hehe Smile I've been MIA for a while, sorry about that.  Between looking on the EN forums and trying to keep up with my own blog about this ironman journey, I'm all internets'd out.  I hope you will still let me be a part of the group though! Pretty please, with a cherry on top? Laughing

Things are going well on my end.  Had my long run today, such a gorgeous day outside! 8.71 miles. Murphy was with me and he really enjoyed the run outside...he's all tuckered out and sleeping now.  

Hope everyone is doing well! And I promise to be better about checking in! (now that I've said it out loud, I will hold myself accountable, haha! assuming I'm allowed in the group of course Wink)

2012-04-12 5:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Hey Tim, I'm in if you'll have me.  I got to stick with you through Wisconsin IM.  Would not miss it for the world! 

Brief bio:

They call me the Iceman.  Started in 2005 losing weight at around 400 pounds.  Bought a bike and started eating right.  Rode thousands of miles.  Beat cancer in 2006.  Started running and swimming 2008.  Did my first triathlon in 2009 followed by 2 more that year.  Half IM in 2010.  Finished IronMan Wisconsin on 9/11/11. Age 60. 

Love the bike, love the run, love open-water swimming.  The pool is a necessary evil in Illinois.

Recently took a buyout after 32 years as a newspaper writer.  I ended as outdoor editor where I wrote about triathlon, biking, running and other stuff like fishing and hunting.  Still freelancing for fishing mags.  Looking for part- or full-time work to coast to 62.  Also studying at this moment for my triathlon coaching license.  I think I can help people who are overweight, older, cancer survivors and other assorted folks.

This year's A race is Branson 70.3.  Probably going to do Racine, Wis., 70.3, too.  Also some short course stuff.  I'll be at the finish line volunteering when Tim crosses and will stay overnight to sign up for IM Moo 2013.   I honestly love this stuff.

I train with Vision Quest, headed by Robbie Ventura who raced with L. Armstrong.  My coach is Stan Watkins.  This is my fourth year training with power.   

I am a kettle bell fanatic (started this past winter and LOVE the bells) and I'm on Paleo now to trim down. Lost 18 pounds since Jan. 1.  Would love to lose another 5. 

Looking forward to getting to know you all and connecting with people I know from previous groups. 

Have a great year!

Ice.

2012-04-13 7:21 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Good Morning Team.

Name:
KCGOLF / Kevin

Story: I started triathlon late in the summer of 2010 with a tri-a-tri here in South Western Ontario (I am from
Windsor, now live south of Windsor in Amherstburg Ont.) My reasons and story for doing it are varied and complicated and I won’t bore you with more than this - I was looking for a something else to do that would challenge me and keep me busy and I loved it. After a neck injury right after that first tiny taste of triathlon, I knew I wanted more so I set my sights on a busy schedule for the next year – 2011. In 2011 I competed in 6 sprint triathlons, bought my first road bike, started learning how to swim (still a work in progress), joined BT and  met some great people (like Coach Dave) and everyone else that took part in our group over the past year. With 2011 under my belt, and some great memories, I have decided that this is something I want to continue to do so I have decided to challenge myself even more and have now decided to jump all the way in and do my first full IM in 2012.

Just in case you are wondering about the KCGOLF thing - I am a Golf Professional, Class A member of the Professional Golf Association of Canada and teach a full time Business Admin, Professional Golf Management Program at the local college here in town. I grew up in the golf industry and managed golf clubs etc.

Current Training: This year my A race is The 1st IRONMAN US Championships in New York City. I also plan on doing an Olympic early with at least one half as a build up leading to NYC – as of right now I am almost certain one of those half IM’s will be Muncie.

Good Luck Everyone - race seaso will on us soon! I look forwar to getting to know all the new members.

Tim - thanks for letting me in Laughing

Brian - great to see you ank looking forward to the story.

Sarah - awesome to see you and nice to hear things are busy and well.

Scott - you rock!

Diane - welcome.

Matt - welcome.

Lets have some fun RFP

Edited by kcgolf 2012-04-13 7:24 AM
2012-04-13 9:52 AM

User image

New user
Chicago, IL

Hi Diane & Matt - welcome to the group!

Hi KC & Scott! Great to see you guys again! Laughing

Hey Tim, haha, it's funny that you posted that, I've got the DVD.  It's not WI specific but it's their 4 Keys to Long Course Triathlon Success.  I've got an extra copy of it so if you want PM me your address and I'll send it to you.  It's been a while since I've watched it but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same info as in the link Wink.  I'm listening to the clip now and I'm getting excited for the big day, it's gonna be awesome!  (I'm such a dork, haha! Tongue out Thanks for posting btw!

I'm really liking the EN plan so far.  It's very different from traditional training plans though...long runs are Thursdays and Sundays are longer bikes (~2hours).  I just transitioned into the HIM plan last week after being on an out season plan for 9 weeks.  So far so good!  Just in the OS, I increased my bike FTP and my running vDot!  It's a lot of information to take in, they've got their own wiki dedicated to all the EN training principles, etc. so it's like drinking through a fire hose, ha!  I liked that they have a relatively small time commitment (~7-8 hours) in the outseason.  It focuses on getting you fast and once you transition into either the HIM or IM plan, that's when you focus on the 'far' part.  Like I said, so far so good but the real proof will be on Sept. 9!  

Since I had my long run yesterday, today is an easy day for me.  I had a scheduled recovery run (short, 40min) but will go swimming over lunch instead.  Tomorrow is a big training day: 1 hour swim, 2.5 hour bike, and 1 hour run.  The forecast is calling for rain but I hope it holds off, I don't want to be on the trainer for 2.5 hours and then jump on a treadmill for 1.  Ugh!

2012-04-13 10:03 AM
in reply to: #4148313

User image

Expert

Yeah I had seen that on you tube about 1-2 years ago but I think they took everything off and this is a page they must have missed -haha - lots of good podcast stuff on there that I have been downloading so i can fill my head head with more triathlon crap.  I really like thier philosophy and would consider using them IF I ever do another IM but I am a cheap SOB who hates paying for things that I can do myself haha.  And because of that stubbornness I have on my list this summer to paint the house and fence, finish the landscaping and complete all the trim and finishing touches to room I turned into a loft and the basement - instead of just paying someone to do it.  Should make for an interesting summer once I get into the peak phase of my training.

I am also getting pumped especially after listening to that podcast last night and watching "The Distance" movie - September 9 can't come fast enough.

Good luck with the workouts this weekend - the weather is supposed to be hit or miss so you mike luck out.

saskat - 2012-04-13 9:52 AM

Hi Diane & Matt - welcome to the group!

Hi KC & Scott! Great to see you guys again! Laughing

Hey Tim, haha, it's funny that you posted that, I've got the DVD.  It's not WI specific but it's their 4 Keys to Long Course Triathlon Success.  I've got an extra copy of it so if you want PM me your address and I'll send it to you.  It's been a while since I've watched it but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same info as in the link Wink.  I'm listening to the clip now and I'm getting excited for the big day, it's gonna be awesome!  (I'm such a dork, haha! Tongue out Thanks for posting btw!

I'm really liking the EN plan so far.  It's very different from traditional training plans though...long runs are Thursdays and Sundays are longer bikes (~2hours).  I just transitioned into the HIM plan last week after being on an out season plan for 9 weeks.  So far so good!  Just in the OS, I increased my bike FTP and my running vDot!  It's a lot of information to take in, they've got their own wiki dedicated to all the EN training principles, etc. so it's like drinking through a fire hose, ha!  I liked that they have a relatively small time commitment (~7-8 hours) in the outseason.  It focuses on getting you fast and once you transition into either the HIM or IM plan, that's when you focus on the 'far' part.  Like I said, so far so good but the real proof will be on Sept. 9!  

Since I had my long run yesterday, today is an easy day for me.  I had a scheduled recovery run (short, 40min) but will go swimming over lunch instead.  Tomorrow is a big training day: 1 hour swim, 2.5 hour bike, and 1 hour run.  The forecast is calling for rain but I hope it holds off, I don't want to be on the trainer for 2.5 hours and then jump on a treadmill for 1.  Ugh!

2012-04-13 10:04 AM

User image

Expert

Diane - could you please explain this from your work out log -hahaLaughing

"BRICK plunch lane, prom, sketty loop and cycle path, prom, plunch lane"

2012-04-13 10:16 AM
in reply to: #4147881

User image

Expert

You should do Racine 70.3 !!!

kcgolf - 2012-04-13 7:21 AM

Current Training: This year my A race is The 1st IRONMAN US Championships in New York City. I also plan on doing an Olympic early with at least one half as a build up leading to NYC – as of right now I am almost certain one of those half IM’s will be Muncie.

2012-04-13 11:08 AM
in reply to: #4148389

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
tmoran80 - 2012-04-13 10:16 AM

Tim, are you doing Racine as a warm up?  I am strongly considering it.

2012-04-13 11:37 AM
in reply to: #4148554

User image

Expert

Yes - my plan calls for a 70.3 and it works out nicely with my schedule.  I did it last year and it was a good race except for the fact that it was 100 degrees and I was in the 2nd to last wave so we went off at lime 8:45am and I just remember standing in my wetsuit in the chute sweating like crazy before the race even started haha.

Let me know if you are gonna do it - that would be great to meet up.

IceManScott - 2012-04-13 11:08 AM
tmoran80 - 2012-04-13 10:16 AM

Tim, are you doing Racine as a warm up?  I am strongly considering it.

2012-04-13 11:39 AM
in reply to: #4147262

User image

Expert

Branson is awesome - you are gonna love it.  The hills are killer but the scenery is unbelievable and the run was great in The Landing - tons of spectators .  Here are some photo albums from the inaugral race in 2010:

This was from when I drove the course - https://plus.google.com/photos/107251508845075535003/albums/5519531440985256401?authkey=CLW45-ydsIOQ8gE 

This was just pics from the day - https://plus.google.com/photos/107251508845075535003/albums/5519526026670910625?authkey=CIiK1aO_x_yq9wE

And if I cross the finish line at IMWI before your finish line catcher shift ends then you better just have at least two IV lines waiting for me-haha

IceManScott - 2012-04-12 5:47 PM

This year's A race is Branson 70.3.  Probably going to do Racine, Wis., 70.3, too.  Also some short course stuff.  I'll be at the finish line volunteering when Tim crosses and will stay overnight to sign up for IM Moo 2013.   I honestly love this stuff.

Edited by tmoran80 2012-04-13 11:50 AM
2012-04-13 3:46 PM
in reply to: #4148348

South Wales, UK

Hello there

wonderful, thanks for looking at the training plan, I havent had a chance to put the previous training in and probably wont. I dont get alot of time at the computer so will just update future training.

All abit overwhelming looking at the members of your group but great to see Matt as a newcomer too.

This...............

"BRICK plunch lane, prom, sketty loop and cycle path, prom, plunch lane"

Is a wonderful note to myself. I will just check what i am on about!!!!!

2012-04-13 3:55 PM

South Wales, UK

Hi all

Ho wonderful to be part of this experienced and super fit group. Thanks for having me and looking forward to listening to your amazing training schedueles and triathlon races!!!!!!

Matt................love to hear from you, looks like we are at about the same level. I have ran up to half marathon and used to enjoy 10mile cross country runs but injury prevented me from running further.

No injuries so far here. How is your training going? Are you following a plan?

Thanks all

2012-04-13 3:57 PM
in reply to: #4149342

South Wales, UK
Ah yes it all becomes clear.(as mud!!!!!) I did that bike on that route and then did the 38minute run straight afterwards........................Is that a BRICK?????
2012-04-13 7:30 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

I hope everyone had a great day - training or otherwise.

Tim - I would consider Racine but I think it is to close to IMNYC to be honest.

Diane - don't let our experience overwhelm you. I was in the same boat last year at this time and Tim, Scott, Sarah and the other members of our previous group helped me feel welcome and provide incredible information. Hang with us, we will have some fun. FYI - that is a brick, nice job!!

Today - 3 hours and 15 minute ride outside today followed by a 20 minute rune directly off the bike, then weight lift - nice to be back on the road but my butt is sore Cry LOL.

OK - I have a question for the more experienced members here - Scott, Brian, Sarah, Tim - I am the rookie Wink. I had to shuffle a few things around regarding my workout schedule this weekend and based on a real busy day yesterday and a late evening spent at the college athletic awards dinner I decided to skip my early morning swim. This is the first swim I have missed since my plan started and I feel bad about it. I know all of you know I worry about my swimming anyway but I was wondering if you had some tips on how you should approach missed workouts? I also moved my long bike from Sunday to today because I will be away Sunday and I am just wondering, because that means I will miss a medium bike and a medium run - should I try to make them up or just keep with my normal plan at the start of next week? Thanks.

I am going to be away from the computer until Sunday so I want to wish everyone a great weekend.

KC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-04-13 7:40 PM
2012-04-13 9:51 PM
in reply to: #4149363

New user

Hi Everyone - wow, it's great to be part of this group that is so active!  I hope I can keep up!  

Diane, it will be great to share our newbie experiences.  For the half marathon I used an iPhone app called Hal Higdon's novice half marathon, which helped substantially.  I've now cut back on my running distances since i'm trying to change my form in an effort to avoid future injury (trying 'pose' or mid-foot/forefoot running).  It really takes a toll on your calf and achilles, so i'm trying to work up the milage slowly.  As for tri training, as it's my first attempt I thought i'd try the sprint near me that a friend in the neighborhood does, and I was searching for online training plans, which is what led me to BT.  I am currently using the basic sprint 12 week training, though i have to admit that fitting everything in is a challenge - but i'm sure i'll be able to figure out a pattern soon.  It's a heart rate training program, and while I use a HR monitor all the time (aside from swimming), I feel like the suggestion to keep it in zones 1-2 doesn't give me enough workout, and it's difficult not to end up near my max HR on the hills we have in central Virginia (so I have to chuckle when it says to do the workout on a flat course - i figure if it's hillier i just get more workout).  I do make sure to keep my HR well below my max (184) most of the time (normally don't get over 175 but hover there for the majority of most workouts).

It's been chilly this past week which was nice for outdoor runs and bike rides, and it's going to be gorgeous here in Charlottesville tomorrow (77 degrees!), and then we hit 90 on Sunday!  They may have to open the lake for open water swims early!

I'm really looking forward to being part of this group and hearing suggestions and such from all the members.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, but need to get some sleep at the moment to get out on my bike early tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Matt

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » RFP GROUP - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 39