of 39

2012-10-16 9:55 PM
in reply to: #4145781

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Subject: RE: RFP GROUP - CLOSED
Quiet in here. I hope everyone is out training lol

I have a HM on sunday. Not quite sure what to expect. I havent been getting the volume in, but its a flatter course than the last one. I'm actually only signed up because the girl I'm running with has anxiety issues and wouldn't get to the start line alone. I offered to keep her company through the start line, then we're on our own. I'd LoVE to beat my last time, but by no means expect to.

This stupid class i'm taking has me busy (and going a bit mad) so i havent been doing much else. Plan on a swim sat am.

2012-10-17 10:26 AM
in reply to: #4456894

User image

Expert

Good luck this weekend Deb.  That is good that you are helping your friend out.  I am sure she appreciates it.  You might be surprised at your time.  Sometimes I find that when I don't set my expectations high and have no pressure I have my best races.

What class are you taking?

cheekymonkeys1 - 2012-10-16 9:55 PM Quiet in here. I hope everyone is out training lol

I have a HM on sunday. Not quite sure what to expect. I havent been getting the volume in, but its a flatter course than the last one. I'm actually only signed up because the girl I'm running with has anxiety issues and wouldn't get to the start line alone. I offered to keep her company through the start line, then we're on our own. I'd LoVE to beat my last time, but by no means expect to.

This stupid class i'm taking has me busy (and going a bit mad) so i havent been doing much else. Plan on a swim sat am.

2012-10-17 10:31 AM

User image

Expert

I am on a mini roll this week with getting two days of workout in row.  I did a bike ride during the debate last night - which probably wasn't a good idea since my HR was probably spiked from all the yelling I was doing at the tv -haha

Got to the pool and lifted this morning also.  The firsst 100Y I felt like a rock star but then my body said "what is this thing you are doing that you haven't made me do for almost 5 weeks now?" and I felt terrible.  It started to get better after about 600Y into the workout.  I decided to just take it easy and did a bunch of drills for my main set.  Over all a good day and I am feeling good.

For the biking I am doing this Jorge's Winter Cycling Program.  There is a lot of steps for each workout but it really gets the HR up and hopefully if I can stick with it I will be kicking some a** on the Trek 1000 next season.

2012-10-17 11:12 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
I had wondered about jorges program! How is it? People seem to rave about it. When did you start?

Thanks for the good luck, im gonna need it! This will be my first race using only vegan fuel so hopefully it goes smoothly.

Class (did i mention i hate this class?!) is physiological chemitstry. I want to shove my head in an oven after each class.

Btw, i can NOT believe how big Myles is. Didn't you just have him!!!?
2012-10-17 12:02 PM
in reply to: #4457522

User image

Expert

I started Jorge plan two weeks ago but didn't do any rides so I re-arranged my log and started yesterday haha.  I just program all the steps into my Garmin, but it takes forever.   It really is a good workout though.  I am the same and have heard a lot of people talk good things about it so I am gonna give it a try.

Physiological chemistry sounds absolutely terribleYell.

And yes Myles is growing way to fast (especially know he is our last) I want him to stay a baby forever haha.  He is gonna be 1 next week.  Big 1st birthday party this weekend!

cheekymonkeys1 - 2012-10-17 11:12 AM I had wondered about jorges program! How is it? People seem to rave about it. When did you start?

Thanks for the good luck, im gonna need it! This will be my first race using only vegan fuel so hopefully it goes smoothly.

Class (did i mention i hate this class?!) is physiological chemitstry. I want to shove my head in an oven after each class.

Btw, i can NOT believe how big Myles is. Didn't you just have him!!!?

2012-10-18 3:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Hi Team,

hope everyone is well..

Deb - good luck for the HM, you're a good friend, I'm sure your friend really appreciates you being there to get her to the start, I know I would. Hope you have a great run and enjoy yourself!

Tim - what does the Jorge's Winter Cycling Program entail? Sorry for my ignorance but I haven't heard of it before. Also hope you have a great time at Myles' birthday party.

So what is everyone else up to?

I have decided to do the December sprint at the local tri club (9th), it will be my first race for the season and last race for the year. Not sure how I'll go, but I'll be happy if I beat my previous time. Need to start hitting the pool more, now that the cold weather has past there is no excuse.

Everything else is going really well, I have decided to do an endurance run package with the local tri coach starting mid november for 12 weeks. She takes you from a 45 min run up to half marathon distance and I figure the commitment and mixing with others during training will do me good and make me work harder and hopefully improve my speed.

2012-10-18 10:16 AM
in reply to: #4458562

User image

Expert

For the past couple of years there has been a lot of talk about it on the forums and honestly I have had a really hard time finding the actual program - Jorge is a coach and I think he was trying to protect his stuff.  Anyways it seems that he must have worked out a deal with BT becasue it is now listed on their program page. 

In order to use it you have to use either HR or Power Meter.  I use the HR version and liek I said it is very detailed.  Lots of interval stuff designed for indoor training on the bike trainer.  Yo have to use a HR monitor or it is useless.  This morning I woke up and found my Garmin was not charge = No Jorge bike program this morning.  

Here is the link to the program - http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/training-plans-view.asp?planid=10920

kruzmeister - 2012-10-18 3:05 AM

Tim - what does the Jorge's Winter Cycling Program entail? Sorry for my ignorance but I haven't heard of it before. Also hope you have a great time at Myles' birthday party.

2012-10-18 6:23 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team It's Me Laughing

Sorry I have not been around much. I am currently out of town with my female college golf team at our national college championships. It has been a very busy several weeks for me so I have been a bit out of touch. I am doing some running and swimming however. I will bring myself up to speed on our recent posts and get back on here sometime this weekend.

I hope everyone is doing great.

KC

2012-10-18 8:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Hi everyone!

Deb, good luck this weekend and enjoy the HM. We don't do many races like that so enjoy them while you can. You are a wonderful friend to help another runner out.

I have been a good girl and haven't ran in 2 weeks, I am getting very restless but I know it is what my foot needs so I am behaving. I have been biking with friends and not worrying about mileage or pace we are just out there to have a good time. I got my IM tattoo last week, it is a little bigger then what I wanted but oh well it was something I wanted and now I have it.

Tim, I am going to have to look into this Jorge interval training as it sounds interesting and I too had not heard of it.

Edited by krazytallchick 2012-10-18 8:10 PM

2012-10-21 6:59 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Hi all.  So sorry to be absent.  I am taking a recovery month after branson, had to find a new coach after my long-time friend/coach retired, and I started a new cool part-time job that is fulltime one week, off the next alternating. I'll start posting workouts again soon when we start my new plan. 
2012-10-23 9:42 AM
in reply to: #4459980

User image

Expert

Any tattoo pictures? I did the same thing with the size thing.  it just didn't look that big at the tattoo place haha.  My tattoo artist actually wanted to go bigger.  I got a scab on the "dot" and am waiting for it to heal and I will post some more pics.  Overall I am really happy with it and have gotten used to it.

krazytallchick - 2012-10-18 8:09 PM Hi everyone!

Deb, good luck this weekend and enjoy the HM. We don't do many races like that so enjoy them while you can. You are a wonderful friend to help another runner out.

I have been a good girl and haven't ran in 2 weeks, I am getting very restless but I know it is what my foot needs so I am behaving. I have been biking with friends and not worrying about mileage or pace we are just out there to have a good time. I got my IM tattoo last week, it is a little bigger then what I wanted but oh well it was something I wanted and now I have it.

Tim, I am going to have to look into this Jorge interval training as it sounds interesting and I too had not heard of it.

2012-10-23 9:43 AM
in reply to: #4462637

User image

Expert

Glad to hear from you Scott - I didn't think the Ice Man ever rested haha.  Enjoy your time off since 2013 is gonna be another big year for you.  

IceManScott - 2012-10-21 6:59 PM Hi all.  So sorry to be absent.  I am taking a recovery month after branson, had to find a new coach after my long-time friend/coach retired, and I started a new cool part-time job that is fulltime one week, off the next alternating. I'll start posting workouts again soon when we start my new plan. 

2012-10-23 10:18 AM

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Hi guys! Just wanted to check in. I'm still pluggin away with training though I have nothing coming up before next summer (yet). Rode 32 miles on Sunday and swam 1600 this morning so at least I'm still in Olympic distance shape I'm doing a lot more weights and strength training and my riding will start slowing down with the colder weather. I've got a trainer but dislike using it.

Hope everyone is doing well and resting/training whatever is in your plan for right now.

2012-10-23 4:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Today is moving out day!  So excited that the day is finally here and I can start focusing on next year.  Not quite sure what next will entail as I am thinking of sticking to shorter distances, but there is still something burning inside me that wants to go longer.  We shall see.

Here is the new tattoo.  It is 3 x 3, I probably should have done a 2x2 instead.  Oh well.

Edited by krazytallchick 2012-10-23 4:52 PM

(Tattoo - small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Tattoo - small.jpg (21KB - 11 downloads)
2012-10-24 10:20 AM
in reply to: #4466105

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Nice tat, Kathy!!!

krazytallchick - 2012-10-23 3:46 PM

Today is moving out day!  So excited that the day is finally here and I can start focusing on next year.  Not quite sure what next will entail as I am thinking of sticking to shorter distances, but there is still something burning inside me that wants to go longer.  We shall see.

Here is the new tattoo.  It is 3 x 3, I probably should have done a 2x2 instead.  Oh well.

2012-10-24 2:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Hey team,

Nice to see everybody posting.

Nice tattoo, Kathy.

Thanks for the good luck wishes for the HM - it was a fail though I'm afraid. My worst time yet - 2.29. I could not get my heart rate down! It was in the upper 170's the whole time - wth?

I just received my macro training plan from my coach, starting Jan 1st. Oh poop, this is gonna get real ARGH!!

2012-11-01 11:24 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Hi guys!

Hope everyone's training is going well as I have sat on my butt for 2 weeks and not work out.  The move is complete so there is really no real reason why I don't start.  Hope to get back on the wagon next week.

I am in a dilemma, should I try to sign up for IMFL or IMAZ?  I really want to do another one and need to sign up for something and for some reason I am pulled to try to register for these.  Last year I tried to sign up for IMFL and didn't get in on time.

Decisions, decisions!

Edited by krazytallchick 2012-11-01 11:24 AM
2012-11-01 11:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
I've heard really good things about AZ. About 30 people from my Tri club went last year, and every one of them enjoyed the experience.

I guess you'd have to take several things into account - AZ is November, when is FL? I am not sure I'd want to train ALL summer for a fall event, but that's cause the heat totally knocks me on my butt. I'm better in cooler weather. Where is the swim in FL, is it ocean? If so how do you feel about that? That would be a deal breaker right there for me.yuck.

I think you should come up to LP with KC and sign up there. ;-)

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
P.s.....

Where

Is

Everybody??
2012-11-01 11:39 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario

Hey Team.

Hi Deb. I am here - just laying low, working out a bit here and there and getting ready to plot my plan for IM Mont Tremblant 2013

I have been busy with work and life is tossing me some curveballs which I will share when I have time.

KTC - I like Deb's idea of you doing IM LP. When are you thinking? 2014? If so, that is my plan for 2014 anyway and I would love to race with you?

I promise I will start to be a bit more regular in here team and I am guessing we will put another group together when it is time in December.

KC

PS FYI Deb - IM FLA is this Saturday in Panama City Beach on the Gulf

PSS Nice Tat KTC

Edited by kcgolf 2012-11-01 11:41 AM

2012-11-01 11:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Hey KC!

Great to hear from you :-)

2012-11-03 7:55 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Deb, I will be in LP in 2013 to watch you cross that finish line......and to sign up for 2014. It looks like one heck of a race and I want to be a part of that plus I can't let KC race by himself. Still undecided about next year as one day I say I am not doing a full as I need to work more on my bike and yet I think I am going to try to sign up for Fl or AZ. Then I think back and wonder do I really want to be doing intense training in Oct as that month is always a crazy month for me in more ways then one. I guess we will see what I do on Sunday when registration for FL opens.
2012-11-12 5:09 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Hi Team,

How is everyone? How is training? Anyone racing?

Trying to catch up on what I've missed, Tim and KTC the tattoos look grand!!

Deb how is the IM training going?

What is everyone else up to?

I am doing better in someways and dealing with curveballs in others. Basically the meds have been great and are helping the Bipolar and anxiety enormously. No anxiety, damn who could have imagined a life without fearing your own shadow!! Gotta say it feels fantastic!!! I've been getting out and about more and catching up with friends, training I've mostly been concentrating on strength, treadmill and trainer. Meds come with side effects which bite, especially the drowsiness and occasional hand tremors after a hard workout, but at least I still feel like me and not drugged out all the time. Can completely understand why they say don't operate heavy machinery whilst on this medication though! Woozers, they have thrown my balance for a loop!

As far as triathlon news goes, I've put my first race back to Jan, my pdoc and tdoc thought it was a wise idea for me to get my head around the meds first, especially cause they are still screwing with my dosage, so that there are no surprises. Next weekend is Shepparton 70.3, so I'm heading over there to watch and take some photos for some mates who are racing. I've got the money now to enter it for next year (woo hoo!!!!), so that's the big goal for 2013.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is doing okay and training hard. Weather here is gorgeous (sorry to rub it in) and I'm back outside on the bike and back swimming again. Feels great!

2012-11-15 12:33 PM

User image

Expert

So how is everyone doing?  Sorry I have not  been around much.  I am really focusing on work and what I neglected for 9 months of training.  Really struggling with getting my butt motivated.  It has been 2 months now of sparse workout and I have put on a bout 6-7 lbs.  so I have to get going soon here.

I think I just need to sign up for something...

Simone - good to hear that everything is going good. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » RFP GROUP - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 39