General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ankle band swimming tips Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-04-19 8:42 PM
in reply to: #4147841

Master
Subject: RE: ankle band swimming tips

Just tried the band for the first time today. It was hard. Like learning to swim all over again hard. My pace went from a 1:39 T-pace to 2:10, and I had to do mini cheating porpoise kicks just to keep my rear end somewhat afloat, and I couldn't go more than 25yds without getting gassed, even at that pace. 

I'm hoping this means that there's real technique to be gained here - I actually LOVE this sort of stuff, and I'm going all out to master this thing if time permits in the upcoming weeks. I spent a whole hour today working on it, and it got a lot better by the end, but still overall totally crapstastic. 

I'm using the makeshift bike tube right now, but am planning to buy the velcro straps - I seem to be struggling enough right now that the inner tube is starting to rub on my ankles and irritate them mildly, and I'm hoping to make this a long-term change.

Doing it with a pull buoy is a piece of cake, and doesn't count in my book. I started with the buoy, and is was just like normal swimming - no struggling required at all. Took the buoy out, and I found myself standing in the pool pretty quickly.

We'll see if it's a useful or useless improvement in terms of speed.

Edited by agarose2000 2012-04-19 8:43 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » ankle band swimming tips Rss Feed  

of 2