United States
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 53m 33s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Dropped D off for his track meet at 7:30, and high-tailed it over to the race since it started at 8! Pretty much just parked my car, figured out where to go for the start, and I ran about a minute and a half just to get my blood moving and everything.
Run
  • 53m 33s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

Started out too fast; it was hard because right away it's a sharp downhill and that just gets your legs going! It was extremely foggy and the water was condensing on the trees and then falling off the leaves, so even though it wasn't raining it felt like it was. I was feeling pretty good until about mile 4, as you can see I slowed down a good amount around then. Somehow around 6 miles I found another level and dug a little deeper, but I was definitely hurting. I got 'er done though, and took a good 5 minutes off of my 10K PR which is AMAZING.
What would you do differently?:

The last time I ran a 10K was probably a couple of years ago; seems like I'm usually running further. So I was really unsure of what my pace ought to be, and unsure of what I was capable of. My husband gave me some advice for starting out, but that pretty much went in the toilet. I'm kinda glad because I think if I would have taken his advice I would have been slower; although I probably wouldn't be hurting right now as much as I am. I left it all on the course and I couldn't have gone any faster at all.
Post race
Warm down:

Tried not to throw up, just walked around for a little bit and tried to avoid people. After a few minutes I stretched, then grabbed a bagel and a banana and headed to D's track meet!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing!

Last updated: 2012-04-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:53:33 | 06.21 miles | 08m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
8:20 8:33 8:39 8:51 8:55 8:36 8:24 (.2 miles)
Course: Started at the elementary school, run on asphalt roads for about 1/2 mile, then on the MoPac trail (crushed limestone). Out and back race.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes