General Discussion Race Reports! » PT Solutions Cartersville Duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

PT Solutions Cartersville Duathlon - DuathlonStandard

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cartersville, Georgia
United States
PT Solutions Sports
Total Time = 1h 54m 44s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F30-34
Age Group Rank = 6/12
Pre-race routine:

I had pretty much been lounging around the two days prior due to a massive headache and overall sickness so I didn't have high expectations. I hauled myself out of bed and made the 1+ hour trip to Cartersville.
Event warmup:

I jogged down and back to the other parking lot.
Run
  • 28m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m  min/mile
Comments:

I felt tired. I knew that I could go faster considering what my tempo run pace has been in training but didn't feel like I was up for much more.
Transition 1
  • 01m 18s
Comments:

Someone set up their transition stuff on the wrong side of their bike so she was sitting practically on my stuff when I got there. I was a bit irritated but seeing as there wasn't much I needed to do in transition I didn't get too bent out of shape by the inconvenience. Mounting my bike was a bit more challenging. It's funny how much I fumbled to remember that your bike is supposed to be OVER the mount line and getting my pedal to where I wanted it to clip in. First race of the season....
Bike
  • 56m 11s
  • 17 miles
  • 18.15 mile/hr
Comments:

I felt like I was moving along pretty well but my lack of bike training and fitness had me worried that I wouldn't be able to maintain the pace for much longer or that it might be detrimental on the second run. I forgot to even consider an aero bottle which is the only way I will drink on the bike on a short race and noticed my bike computer battery was dead. Again, first race of the season stuff.
What would you do differently?:

Train on the bike so I could hammer past all of the fastie runners.....
Transition 2
  • 00m 57s
Run
  • 28m 20s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

I'm actually quite happy with this run. It was close to the same pace as the first run. I was stiff, especially between my shoulder blades, from not being used to spending time in aero on the bike.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

The weird sleep/exhaustion thing that has been bothering me for a while (or cold?). It may be time to adjust my thyroid medication. Having not trained at all since Tuesday evening. And, I think my body has adjusted to easy runs in the mornings and hard runs in the evening as I can't ever seem to push myself on my Sunday morning runs, even for a short duration. I will need to mix things up soon.

Event comments:

I really am content with my performance. With me being a slow runner, I'm not built to do well in a duathlon and I don't have any qualms about that. I'm very happy that my second run was so close to my first in speed considering that I should have zero bike fitness and have done zero bricks. An Olympic triathlon will be a whole different story...West Point is REALLY going to hurt in 2 weeks.

Last updated: 2012-04-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:00 | 03.11 miles | 09m  min/mile
Age Group: 0/12
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
T1
Time: 01:18
Overall: Average
Run with bike?
Jump on bike?
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:56:11 | 17 miles | 18.15 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:57
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:28:20 | 03.11 miles | 09m 07s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-04-16 9:59 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: PT Solutions Cartersville Duathlon

2012-04-17 2:06 PM
in reply to: #4153299

User image

Elite
Roswell, GA
Subject: RE: PT Solutions Cartersville Duathlon
You are a better runner than you give yourself credit for being.  Nice racin'!
2012-04-18 11:48 AM
in reply to: #4156329

User image

Master
Subject: RE: PT Solutions Cartersville Duathlon

brown_dog_us - 2012-04-17 3:06 PM You are a better runner than you give yourself credit for being.  Nice racin'!

Exactly!  You have not even begun to tap your running ability.  : )  Remember all of that kicking when you swam on the team? Good hard kicking = good hard running.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » PT Solutions Cartersville Duathlon Rss Feed