United States
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 32m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Getting into park with the line of cars at gate to pay the county mandated toll for entering was slight delay, but handled pretty well. Race organizers made everyone aware by emails and information in packets and said be here early, so i was prepared for it, but still would prefer for a race of this stature and magnitude they get that worked out to avoid log jam at gate. Very nice park and views.
Swim
  • 15m
  • 880 yards
  • 01m 42s / 100 yards
Transition 1
  • 09m
Comments:

AS only my 2nd tri, I have a lot of room for improvement in T1! Got some good tips from more experienced racers just by watching them do their thing. i was out of water great, ran the distance to transition fine, got my suit off ok, but to do so, i had to take off my race watch, hold in mouth, then put back on. For some reason, needed to hit porta potty for a #1 etc. Wet feet to socks and shoes took a minute, could have been better.
What would you do differently?:

Dry feet quicker, forget socks, thrown on shoes, helmet, sunglasses gloves, tri top and go.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 10 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
Comments:

I would have stayed in drops or lower for longer.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Very good transition here. racked bike, swig of gatorade and water, helmet off, visor on, rotate race belt/bib and was gone.
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.4 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Fine with gravel trail and run. Makes run unique and different. Actual distance is listed at 3.4 and appears accurate.
What would you do differently?:

run harder/faster. Felt like at end left a little in tank probably.
Post race
Warm down:

Plenty of water and other drinks at finish. Stretched a little. Very secure transition area and they don't let you in until last biker/runner has left transition in race. So there is some waiting on that if you finish quicker.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Wind on bike- huge,but same for everyone.

Event comments:

Overall great race for both experienced racers and beginners. Water course very nice with plenty of volunteers for a safe swim. Organization is great. They did multiple waves so no wave was super crowded or congested- this was nice. Course well marked- plenty of great volunteers.

Last updated: 2012-04-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:00 | 880 yards | 01m 42s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: Blue Seventy Axis
Course: Very nice rectangle course. Plenty of bouys along the way for optimum sighting. Plenty of kayaks and safety boards which makes you feel safe. Water was very nice, no critters that I saw. Unlike previous years, you didn't have wade through an additional "pool" to get to transition area, really well organized and great lay out.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 09:00
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Bad
Biking
00:00:00 | 10 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course: Being right on a barrier island, we had strong headwinds going OUT on the out and back course. I mean strong. Helped a little on the way in. Wind was so strong at one point, i thought i had a tire going down!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Average
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:00:00 | 03.4 miles |  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: Scenic. Some have complained about the part of this run course that takes you on beach gravel trails and some actual sand. This was unique and fine with me. Didn't effect run that much at all- might have slowed some, but not to bad. The run up steps of the old fort and down other side was great. Water station at top was sufficient. Wind again going out and helping a little on way back. Great day for run.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes