General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB Budget Carbon Race Wheels Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
2012-04-20 12:01 PM

Subject: WTB Budget Carbon Race Wheels
Folks, i'm looking to pick up a set of used, but loved carbon race wheels - clincher. I'm looking in the $500-550 shipped (to zip 14085) price range. For the right deal i might deviate a little but not much.... Now before anyone asks, yes i'd love to buy your $800-$1000 wheels but with 2 yr old twins at home i've got to stick to a budget or risk a divorce. I understand at this price range they're going to be a few years old or more with some miles on them. That's ok with me. I'm only looking at running them 3-5 times a year anyways. My only requirements are that they be true, no damage aside from usage, shimano free hub, and they be clinchers. If you can toss in skewers or a cassette or tires hey thats all the better.... 

so with that said i'm looking for anything you've got that you haven't been using and just want to get rid of at a fair price... 

- Mavic Cosmic Carbone 
- Hed jet 
- Flashpoint 
- Bontrager Aeolus 
- SRAM 

basically, anything with an aluminum rim and the carbon fairing..... 

I'd also be open to considering a deep dish aluminum wheelset if the price was right..... 

anyone have anything taking up space that they'd like to liquidate? 

let me know.... 

2012-04-20 11:18 PM
in reply to: #4162941

User image

Veteran
Irvine
Subject: RE: WTB Budget Carbon Race Wheels

You might want to consider getting a disc cover from wheelbuilder.com for your current rear wheel, (about $100) then you have the other $400 to get just a front race wheel.

2012-04-21 8:18 AM
in reply to: #4164044

yeah thought about that.... unfortunately my P2 has Shimano wheels that aren't compatible with the wheel cover (at least per the wheelcover website). So i'd have to buy a rear wheel as well. My other option is to just pick up a used but solid rear wheel and put a cover on it.  Then get a more deep dish wheel for the front.  I could probably do that for less than 400 if i shopped around and was patient enough.
2012-04-21 11:03 AM
in reply to: #4162941

User image

Master
Baltimore
I have a undimpled front 404 in great condition. Basically same wheel as either the flashpoint or SRAM but probably a little lighter. I can include an 80 mm valve butyl tube to get you started (so you don't need extenders) and a used but rideable tire.

Pm me if interested. Price would be easily in your range if you went with wheel cover back.
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB Budget Carbon Race Wheels Rss Feed