General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS Triathlon Series: Marble Falls - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-20 6:00 PM

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Subject: HITS Triathlon Series: Marble Falls - Olympic Course : Official Thread
Hey, anybody know about the course?

2012-04-20 7:07 PM
in reply to: #4163721

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: RE: HITS Triathlon Series: Marble Falls - Olympic Course : Official Thread

Yeah,  I live near Marble Falls.  Great venue for a Tri.  Heart of the hill country for Central Texas.  Ride for the Marble Falls Tri in July goes south on 281 and west on 71, pretty hilly.  For the HITS they are going toward Burnett only a few hills but roads may be a little rough with chip seal.   Run is through residental area, may be two laps.  Water should be around 72 degrees.   I am doing a ride on the Olympic Sunday at 730.  Check HITS Marble Falls on this site a few people have done the ride.

Good luck if you race

2012-04-21 3:07 PM
in reply to: #4163721

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: HITS Triathlon Series: Marble Falls - Olympic Course : Official Thread

lutzman - 2012-04-20 6:00 PM Hey, anybody know about the course?

Check out the thread HERE about it.  It is mostly about the HIM/IM course but the Oly bike covers some of the same road, but the run is completely different.

I've ridden the bike route now 2 weekends in a row and drhodes2 lives out there and has ridden it many times.  We both gave our opinion.

Let us know if you have any specific questions after you check out that thread.

2012-04-21 7:01 PM
in reply to: #4164541

Marble Falls, TX
Most definitely go to the link chichitao has. This ride is in my backyard, my regular ride. I could share a ton of garmin routes on this road. Don't listen to folks that tell you it's flat. It is mostly a long false flat all the way out and fun, fun, fun on the way back until you hit what we call the "little beast" but even that is short lived. Still it will be a tad of a challenging ride especially more so if you do not train on hills regularly.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HITS Triathlon Series: Marble Falls - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed