General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Oxford, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
42F / 6C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 14m 3s
Overall Rank = 50/463
Age Group = m3539
Age Group Rank = 5/25
Pre-race routine:

wake up to my alarm at some ungodly hour. listen to the rain pitter-patter and the wind gust occasionally against the house. curse my historical self for putting money down on this race. Race start temp 42 degrees with strong breezes and increasing showers.
Event warmup:

was able to get to the pool and swim a quick 200m before they closed the pool for pre race announcements
Swim
  • 07m 18s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 40s / 100 yards
Comments:

for having only 3 hours in the pool logged for 2012 this went well. Time was only a few seconds off from last year. was able to finish up well and not out of breath. I was seeded well as I did not pass anyone and no one passed me.
What would you do differently?:

nothing really aside from training a little bit more
Transition 1
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

went fine - when I left the pool area and ran outside it was quite a shock due to the cool air. I had a short sleeve shirt and a long sleeve shirt to pick from - I went long sleeve and was happy with the choice. My glasses fogged up running out of transition and I had to stop and take them off and put them on while biking.
Bike
  • 43m 50s
  • 12.43 miles
  • 17.01 mile/hr
Comments:

I knew this was going to be rough since I have been on the bike about 6 hours in 2012. I shouldnt be disappointed but it is hard not to be a little bummed. The guys who beat me overall in the age group took 5-9 minutes from me in this segment. Hard to make that up on the run. The bike itself had quite a few rollers that I didnt attack very well. I passed a few people and was passed by the regular disc wheel crew. The wind was annoying in several segments of the course and there was a 2 miles stretch of some real rough road. Oh yeah , I almost forgot - it was 42 degrees, windy, misting and I was wet - that sucked

Obviously train at least a moderate amount
Transition 2
  • 01m 5s
Comments:

Did not do a flying dismount. when putting on my right running shoe I got a really bad calf cramp (it looked like a rectangular box , very defined and rigid). I sat down to put on my left shoe and by the time I did the right leg relaxed and I put on the shoe and went.
Run
  • 20m 43s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

This run went great (aside from the fact I couldnt feel my feet). I kept a high cadence and just chewed people up. Nice to see some of those bikers that passed me. I passed about 10 people and no one passed me. I passed my last person with about .75mi to go. I didnt have anyone closing on me from behind and no one I could see in front of me. I tried to push hard into the finish.

That was a pretty good run considering the conditions and lack of bike conditioning.
Post race
Warm down:

changing out of my clothes and trying to warm up, not warm down.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Given my levels of training ( heavy run, nonexistant bike/swim) I think it went well.

Swim : 3/25
Bike: 7/25
Run: 3/35
Overall 5/25

hmmm... let me see what do I need to focus on.....

Event comments:

This race would be really really fun with about 15 degrees more. Of course it was 20 degrees warmer the 5 days proceeding the race. Despite that it is very organized , lots of volunteers and has a good course.

Last updated: 2012-02-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:18 | 437 yards | 01m 40s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/25
Overall: 54/463
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: 50m pool swim - serpentine up one lane back the other
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:30
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:43:50 | 12.43 miles | 17.01 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/25
Overall: 25/463
Performance: Average
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: a loop out and back to oxford - think the course is closer to 13 miles
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:05
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:20:43 | 03.11 miles | 06m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/25
Overall: 39/463
Performance: Good
Course: a loop through the campus of Miami
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-04-22 10:22 AM

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon

2012-04-22 7:51 PM
in reply to: #4165311

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon

bananatoes - 2012-04-22 11:22 AM

Nice race Bananatoes and biking shmiking, who needs it?!?!? Thanks for hanging with me and cheering on the rest of my crew. See you at the pool....or maybe not

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed