American Cycling Association
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 26m 22s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Cat4
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Basically just hung out and talked with Adam for a while, and then with Yvonne once she showed up.
Event warmup:

Was talking away and didn't get on the trainer as soon as I should have. But to be honest, knowing it was the last one and my legs were tired, I didn't have quite the same motivation so I didn't feel all that bad about the shorter warm-up. Was on the trainer for about 10 minutes, moving through gears as usual.
Bike
  • 26m 22s
  • 10.5 miles
  • 23.89 mile/hr
Comments:

Had a little bit harder time getting motivated and focused for this one since I knew it was the last one, and to be honest, my legs still felt a little fried from the tri I did on Saturday. There was a headwind for most of the course and it only turned into a tailwind for maybe the last mile. Going out at my first little time checkpoint, last week I was going just over 31 mph and this week I was around 26 mph. On the way back in, last week I was around 29 mph and this week I was at 22 mph. I knew the course was a little slower, but not for everybody. The guy I usually chase PR'ed tonight and I had no chance of catching him. I saw Mark on the course and the few take aways are 1. I need to drop my heels through the pedal stroke a little bit more. 2. I should probably increase my cadence and spin more. 3. I need to focus on keeping smooth, round strokes rather than mashing through, which I have a tendency to do on hills and in wind.

All in all it was a better race and time than I expected, and a good series to use for training for the season.
What would you do differently?:

Spun a higher cadence and smoother, rounder pedal strokes.
Post race
Warm down:

There was a bbq afterwards so I had a burger and talked with Adam, Yvonne, and Stacie for a while.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Fatigued legs from my tri on Saturday.

Event comments:

It was a good series and I'll probably do it again next year.

Last updated: 2006-03-14 12:00 AM
Biking
00:26:22 | 10.5 miles | 23.89 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Avg HR - 178 Max HR - 185
Wind: Headwind
Course: 10.5 mile loop with gently rolling hills and one in the middle that's the main hill on the course.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right