General Discussion Race Reports! » Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT#7 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT#7 - CycleTime Trial

View Member's Race Log
Denver, Colorado
American Cycling Association
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 58m 40s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Cat 4
Age Group Rank = 27/52
Pre-race routine:

Got there about the usual time and just watched a few racers go off. Talked with Ryan and Mark and Stacie for a while. I could tell just hanging out before the race that I wasn't mentally into this last one and just wanted it to be over.
Event warmup:

About 20 minutes on the trainer with a few spinups.
Bike
  • 26m 7s
  • 10.5 miles
  • 24.12 mile/hr
Comments:

I just wasn't into this last race at all. I had already gotten enough points to cat up, I set a time last week in perfect conditions that would be hard to beat even under the same circumstances, and I just mentally didn't care about this race. When I came around the first corner and got smacked in the face by the huge headwind I just wanted to quit. I don't know if it was the run at lunch, or riding the new mountain bike, or pushing in the wind on my bike the night before, but whatever caused it my legs just felt like jello. I actually wanted to quit this race about 2 miles in because my legs hurt, my breathing was ragged as hell, and I just didn't care at all about the result. I caught my rabbit way later in the race than usual, he passed me back, and then I had to pass him again at the far end of the loop, which also told me I was not doing too well. Then coming back I kind of expected to have a tailwind, and got more headwind coming up a riser, then more headwind around the next bend, so it just felt like the wind was constantly in my face. The only good part was the last long straight stretch where the wind really was at my back, and then I was haulin'. It all kind of sounds negative, but actually it was just indifferent, and I'm not really upset about the race. Mentally, I was already done with the CCTT and thinking about the BolderBoulder in 4 days, the Aquathon next week, and my first tri three weeks away.
What would you do differently?:

Probably ride a little easier the night before the race and not push pace on a run at lunch the day of a TT.
Post race
Warm down:

Rode around the parking lot for about 15 minutes and then headed over to the post race BBQ for some free burgers.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Wind, fatigue, bad race prep, workout intensity leading up to the race.

Event comments:

God am I glad to be done. I'm so happy to have done the TT series, but 7 trials in 7 weeks is a breaker. My body has had enough of that for now.

Last updated: 2006-03-12 12:00 AM
Biking
00:26:07 | 10.5 miles | 24.12 mile/hr
Age Group: 27/52
Overall: 52/
Performance:
None. Didn't wear my HRM again.
Wind: Strong
Course: Same.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Below average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-05-25 10:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Denver, CO
Subject: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT#7

2006-05-25 3:22 PM
in reply to: #433953

User image

Official BT Coach
Englewood, CO
Subject: RE: Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT#7
Great series you had.  A super fast PR in week #6, what more can you ask for.  I hope you now know how it feels to push through the pain and keep going hard.  Nice race non the less. 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cherry Creek Time Trial Series, TT#7 Rss Feed