General Discussion Triathlon Talk » feeling a bit undertrained.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-30 4:05 PM

Subject: feeling a bit undertrained....
oh my i cant believe i have 6 weeks til my eagleman in cambridge!!  this is my first 70.3 and i am a little scared to say the least!  i have been training since february...following a half ironman training plan...and trying to stick with it as it states, but honestly life has gotten in the way sometimes!!  i did a 40 mile bike ride yesterday and after getting off the bike all i could think about was i will never be able to run 13 miles after a 56 mile bike!!!  i ran 9.5 miles on saturday and felt great...but i am getting a little nervous about putting all the distances together!  Any suggestions out there???  My goal is to finish....and be able to walk afterwards!!  HELP!!!!  thanks guys!

2012-04-30 4:14 PM
in reply to: #4181919

User image

Veteran
Avondale
Subject: RE: feeling a bit undertrained....
I have not yet done a 70.3, but had the exact same feeling about my first Oly two weeks ago. I am sure you will be in fine shape in six weeks. Try to do some bricks and, just like in any other distance, keep moving forward! Each stroke, pedal, step is only one stroke, pedal, step, and then you are ready for the next... You will do great! Be sure to write a race report for us!
2012-04-30 4:57 PM
in reply to: #4181919

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: feeling a bit undertrained....

I understand how you're feeling.  Seeing that you wanna finish the race, just make sure you can finish the swim.  After T1, you can go at a manageable pace on the bike and manage your nutrition well there.  Once you finish that segment, you can use a run/walk ratio (like run 1 mile walk 1 minute) to finish the half marathon after T2 so that you can finish the race w/o destroying yourself.  I'm sure the cutoff times will be more than enough time finish the race with a big smile. =)

Keep up with your training as best as you can and make sure you start tapering down 2 weeks before race day.  There is no point in squeezing in missed workouts at this point.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » feeling a bit undertrained.... Rss Feed