General Discussion Triathlon Talk » No swim disappointment today........swam freestyle..Yeah!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-25 8:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: No swim disappointment today........swam freestyle..Yeah!!!
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your advice................I did what I said I was going to do.............I just put my head underwater and did the freestyle..................no drills today....................I felt really confident about it....................I guess after being tossed and pushed in the bay makes you tell yourself you can swim in the pool...................I don't want to get to over confident................i did have to take breaks and I did take a breath every right stroke.....................instead of swim 4 or 5 strokes and taking a breath....................I took a breath every other stroke and I didn't feel so worn out............................I forget to tell you all about feeling worn out when I swim freestyle...............Thats because I think I stayed with the drills because.........i got TO COMFORTABLE........................now I am moving along with this swimming.................. Iam being a swim detective and trying to figure out what is causing me not to swim freestyle.....................Yes, I do need to conquer that ocean water and I will........................Thanks again, If I don't respond back to everyone don't take it personal............I appreciate all the help and advice........................Oh, If you have any breathing advice let me know.........................................Ok. I need to get some extra sleep tonight.........................talk to you all soon. Karen
P.S. Is anyone doing breezypoint? In Virginia?

2006-05-26 8:25 AM
in reply to: #434745

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
Subject: RE: No swim disappointment today........swam freestyle..Yeah!!!
Yet ..................still, ..................all ..................those ..................dots. ..................What's.................. up ..................with ..................that?.................. .................. .................. .................. ..................
2006-05-26 8:28 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Greer, South Carolina
I've had no swim disappointment today either, though it's probably because I haven't been in the pool yet.

Congratulations, I have been trying to swim for 4 years now and it's still a struggle everytime I get in the pool. But on those odd days when it feels good, man I'm on cloud nine.

Keep up the hard work

Scott
2006-05-26 7:49 PM

User image

Expert
MD
Breath every stroke, on whichever side feels more natural. You don't gain anything by holding your breath longer than what feels normal or comfortable. Your breathing should feel pretty regular. It helps also if you exhale underwater, while your face is in the water, and inhale when you turn your face out of the water. Aim for a relaxed, steady breathing pace that doesn't leave you feeling winded or gasping for breath.

Good luck - glad you felt better this time.

2006-05-27 6:21 AM

User image

Expert
Manchester, NH

C....................O.....................N......................G.......................R......................A.......................T........................U.........L...............A.................T.................I................O..................N..............S...............!....................!Laughing What a switch in attitude from the other day!  That's awesome!

2006-05-27 7:38 AM

User image

Veteran
I really need to change my outlook sometimes.. I guess I need this rest day today............Not to think about training................I keep looking at this site.................Its kind of addicting..........Have a nice week-end...........tomorrow I am riding my bike 10-12 miles......and I am also hitting the pool.........................the pool is closed monday...................I can't wait to swim. I think the swimming is the most difficult for me . Its funny because I really like it as much as I am struggling with it. Is that weird or what?.....................Karen

2006-05-27 7:39 AM

User image

Veteran
I like putting dots in my paragraphs!!!!!!!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » No swim disappointment today........swam freestyle..Yeah!!! Rss Feed