General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriRock (Austin) Triathlon Series Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-02 2:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX
Subject: TriRock (Austin) Triathlon Series

Anyone ever raced a TriRock race before? They recently acquired the Austin Triathlon over Labor Day weekend which is ranked by many as one of the best races in the country. Race is mostly completed through downtown Austin. Price is $140 currently BEFORE any escalation.Curious if they give out crazy swag for that cost or what. Could almost race 70.3 Austin for that price this Fall.

I need a race in that time period being as I just found out I will be unable to race the I had intended to.

2012-05-02 7:19 PM
in reply to: #4186603

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: RE: TriRock (Austin) Triathlon Series

I will do it.  Last year I missed it do to the fires in Spicewood. 

I just paid $150.00 to do an Oly.  Regretable choice.

On the costly and premier events, I may just do Captex and Tri Rock to keep the cost down.  I want to do Kerrville, but I am going to watch the cost.

There are  many Tri's, mainly sprints less than $100.00 that will satisfy my needs.

2012-05-03 9:12 PM

User image

New user
Austin

Haven't raced a TriRock race, but the Austin Tri has always been a highlight.  I read that High Five event's will still put the race on, but the ownership is TriRock, which would be a great because any event put on by High Five Events is first class with the contestents in mind first and foremost.

Austin/TriRock Tri is almost an identical course to the CapTex Tri, but the Austin Tri is a MUCH better value IMHO.  Last year all CapTex had was pizza and a few bottles of water/sport drink after the race.  Austin Tri had Fat Tire BEER, Free Cool Cones, tons of sport drinks, breakfast tacos, tons of fresh fruit, sodas, and tons more.....plus they didn't have a HUGE screw up losing half the fields race numbers before in their computers before the race like CapTex did.

I just like High Five run events better I guess, those guys know how to put on an event.  I'll be doing both again.  Though, if CapTex doesn't improve it will be my last one with them.

2012-05-08 8:25 AM
in reply to: #4189565

User image

Expert
CenTex
mikecdisi - 2012-05-03 9:12 PM

Haven't raced a TriRock race, but the Austin Tri has always been a highlight.  I read that High Five event's will still put the race on, but the ownership is TriRock, which would be a great because any event put on by High Five Events is first class with the contestents in mind first and foremost.

Austin/TriRock Tri is almost an identical course to the CapTex Tri, but the Austin Tri is a MUCH better value IMHO.  Last year all CapTex had was pizza and a few bottles of water/sport drink after the race.  Austin Tri had Fat Tire BEER, Free Cool Cones, tons of sport drinks, breakfast tacos, tons of fresh fruit, sodas, and tons more.....plus they didn't have a HUGE screw up losing half the fields race numbers before in their computers before the race like CapTex did.

I just like High Five run events better I guess, those guys know how to put on an event.  I'll be doing both again.  Though, if CapTex doesn't improve it will be my last one with them.

x2 on the High Five events!  They run efficiently and provide you with quality for your $.  I've come to the conclusion that, if I had to choose one race to do in downtown Austin, it would be Austin, not CapTex. 

The management of CapTex has, IMO, gotten progressively more lax over the years and taken for granted their place in Austin.  This culminated with last year's snafu and that was it for me.  It will take the CapTex folks several years of excellent performance before I ever consider racing there again, which is a little sad because I have fond memories of the race.

Do the Austin Tri.  You will not regret it.

2012-05-08 9:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately due to the event falling on Labor Day I won't be able to race this year. I will keep in mind your suggestions for planning my race calendar next year.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriRock (Austin) Triathlon Series Rss Feed