General Discussion Triathlon Talk » afib recovery Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-03 3:34 PM

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Subject: afib recovery
I just had ablation surgery the other day for afib. This was the second time I have been treated for afib. The first time was a year ago and was done with cardioversion. I was curious if other BTers have gone through bouts with afib, and in particular ablation surgery. I have my doctors orders of when and how I can resume training, but I was looking to hear some other peoples experiences.

2013-03-01 8:39 PM
in reply to: #4189049

Regular
North Plains, Oregon
Subject: RE: afib recovery
And how did your recovery go? I had my first ablation on Tuesday. 120 burns. And now taking it easy. In 2010 went a-fib while training for my fourth IMC. I fall into that 6% class of 'we have no idea why you have a-fib'. Three cardioversions later and not wanting a pacemaker and hoping to be off drugs, went for the ablation. I have persistant a-fib. I will turn 66 in a a couple of weeks, and hoping to be healthy for IMC/Whistler in 4 years and a new age group.

So far all I was told was to take it easy for the next two weeks. Not even long walks. Which shouldn't be too hard since it was an effort today just walking the 20 yds to the mailbox.
2013-03-19 3:49 AM
in reply to: #4189049

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: afib recovery
I have no personal experience to share, but you may want to check out cardiacathletes.org.uk/forums for an online community of heart patient athletes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » afib recovery Rss Feed