3 Disciplines Racing
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 25m 31s
Overall Rank = 6/38
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/7
Pre-race routine:

Got up packed up the car, had a bagel, cream chs, coffee, drove 1.5hr to the race site.
Event warmup:

Put the race wheels on the bike, did some riding around. Went and set up transition. Took a little jog.
Run
  • 24m 13s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

I was debating whether or not to wear the garmin or run blind. With 2 min to go to the start, I decided on the garmin. ran back to the car and then to the start with 15 sec to go. Gotta love small races.

Took a swig of water at the 1 and 2 mile mark. I didnt look at the garmin pace or time at all during the run, it was great. I did peer at the mileage a few times just to see where I was. I felt like I was flying. Turns out I was, this is the fastest 5k I have run since I was in high school cross country.
Transition 1
  • 00m 31s
Comments:

Fastest T1 for women and I was having bike shoe issues. I love Du's nice and quick.
Bike
  • 36m 42s
  • 12.4 miles
  • 20.27 mile/hr
Comments:

I havent spent any time on the bike this year so I wasnt sure how this ride would go. My goal was to just spin easy for the first 3 miles until I got out of the park and then start picking it up, following up with an easy swim the last few miles.. It seemed to work out ok. I was passed by 2 women, one was flying with no hope of catching her. The other passed and then sat up and slowed down. I dropped back from the draft zone and then set out to pass her back. She leached onto my wheel and sat there for the next 6 miles or so. I was getting irritated so I started letting the snot rockets fly. She finally passed me coming into the park so I just let her go.
What would you do differently?:

Build the bike fitness. This bike was so much better than expected.
Transition 2
  • 00m 34s
Comments:

When I went to rack the bike I nailed the bike next to me. He was way to tight to my spot so I had to squeeze in. Then I had some issues with my running shoes. I had a huge stone in my shoe so I had to stop and take the shoe off to get it out.

On the plus side, miss drafter was sitting on her butt in transition changing her shoes. I never saw her again.
What would you do differently?:

wipe my feet off.
Run
  • 23m 32s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

This run was great, I didnt realize it was this quick until I finished. I didnt look at the garmin at all. I was just focusing on my breathing so I didnt get a side stitch. Nice and short strides for the first mile or so then I stretched it out. If my first run was a post high school PR this was another. I cant believe how much marathon training is helping me out. Now I just need to keep it up. I tried to take water at the 2nd aide station and wound up with it halfway up my nose.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around.

Last updated: 2012-05-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:24:13 | 03.11 miles | 07m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/7
Overall: 0/38
Performance: Good
Course: Course is nice and flat around the park.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:31
Overall: Average
Run with bike? Good
Jump on bike? Good
Getting up to speed and into shoes:
Biking
00:36:42 | 12.4 miles | 20.27 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/7
Overall: 0/38
Performance: Good