Sterling, Virginia
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 51m 55s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, had some water, a couple sips of Gatorade, and then headed out to wake up my friend Jay for the race.
Event warmup:

Jogged from the car to registration, and then from registration to the porta pot.
Run
  • 51m 55s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 08m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

Ugh, I've not done a running only race in a long while (ok, 8 months, but for me, that is a while)..and it showed. First, I started off too fast. My first mile I was keeping up with my friend Jay, a former college cross country. Stupid! First mile was done in 7 minutes...once i knew that, i slowed down. Hit the 5K in 23 minutes...awesome..i was feeling good..i was trying to finish sub-48...but then, i don't know what happened, the heat, the hills, something got to me, my stomach knotted up, and I did poorly for the rest of the race.
What would you do differently?:

Eat before hand. Skip the free beer after work the night before (the real problem i think!). And not have gone out so fast.
Post race
Event comments:

This was a really good race. I will definitly do it again next year...hopefully i won't choke as bad. Best part...stuck around to the very end and I won a raffle prize. Golf for four at a local golf course. Yay! Free Father's day gift. My friend also won a raffle gift...golf for four and lunch

Last updated: 2006-05-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:51:55 | 06.2 miles | 08m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Two loops, pretty hilly.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]