Corrigan Sports
59F / 15C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 20m 10s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = M25-29
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 4:30 and had a bowl of multi-grain cherios with milk and a cup of coffee. My dad picked me up at about 5:30 to get to the race site. We parked, used the porta potty and waited around for things to get going.
Event warmup:

I forgot my watch, so we jogged to the car and back and arrived just in time for the start. I did a little light stretching, but we were going out slow, so a big warm-up wasn't needed.
Run
  • 2h 20m 10s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 42s  min/mile
Comments:

We started out with the group and spent most of the time moving pretty consistently in the mid 10:00's. The race started out very humid after some over-night rain and it drizzled a little, so everyone was soaked by about mile four - we passed several people with EMTs on the side of the road. After the water stop at mile four and a half things cooled off and it was actually a little chilly for the last two thirds of the race. I was taking it relatively easy to run with my Dad (although "easy" is a relative term for a HM) so I was able to take in the atmosphere with people cheering at a ton of positions along the course.

Overall it was good - we paced well and ended up pretty consistent until the last few miles which is a victory.

Nutrition was water + Gatorade at every station except mile 4.5 and mile 9 where I grabbed the offered gels (same brand as I use anyway, so I saved a few bucks!)
What would you do differently?:

Nothing - great first HM
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the expo and drank two free Michelob Ultra's.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I could have gone a little quicker without my dad, but the whole purpose was us running together, so it didn't really "limit" anything!

Event comments:

Fun race

Last updated: 2011-12-31 12:00 AM
Running
02:20:10 | 13.1 miles | 10m 42s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Winding around Frederick.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Too much
Post race
Weight change: %