Lincoln Track Club
83F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 36m 37s
Overall Rank = 221/1169
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 38/125
Pre-race routine:

Got up early to check the weather, heard there was storms moving in the night before. Sure enough rain, lucky the hail had just passed. Got ready for a wet day, but thinking thats how I like it. Got a 10oz bottle of Carbo Pro C5 mixed up and headed to race. Rain had stopped by time we got out of the hotel
Event warmup:

Was there early enough to get my bag turned in and stretch at the race. I dont do that very much but there was enough room cause people was hiding out of the weather that was getting humid by now but being from S FL didnt phase me one bit.
Run
  • 3h 36m 37s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 08m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Not to much things went well with there only being 10,000 out there and around 8800 doing the half it never really got to busy or packed up
What would you do differently?:

I think do as I do at home, start with no shirt. I did make it half way with it. tossed it behind a recycle bin, that I just happen to pass on the way back and was able to get my tri jersey back.
Post race
Warm down:

Went to get food and shopping

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really, I was pretty close to where I thought I might be. If I take into account the walk to talk with Nadine and the porta jon stop, it pretty much is right on time with everything

Event comments:

Maybe its the triathlete in me, or maybe I'm just used to it but I think the water tables could be a little closer. They are about 2-2.5 mile apart and if you missed one it seemed like forever till the next. Ya I know, pay attention you know its coming but things happen. Everyone out there was great at all the stations and extras in between them too. Thanks Nebraska the Lincoln Track Club and the National Guard for the race !!!! If you have done the Army 10 Miler, the MCM, and Air Force Marathon PUT THIS ONE ON YOUR LIST OF MILITARY RACES TO DO !

Last updated: 2012-04-23 12:00 AM
Running
03:36:37 | 26.2 miles | 08m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 39/125
Overall: 125/1169
Performance: Good
Well here is where some issues came in. My time chip never started or hit the first couple splits. I didnt know of course, but Nadine caught me about mile 10 and told me it wasnt. OH well I said I was still going. By the 15K it did pick me up??? Not the first time this has happened
Course: Course was pretty cool, although I never really see that much besides whos in front of me. Kinda boring though the first 1/2 and after all the half racers dropped off the course got better. Went onto a bike trail along the river, that has rolling and had some turns in it. Then to the out n back part of the course. More hill ( for a FL boy) then I thought there would be for Nebraska. In all it was a good course and really enjoyed it.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes