Pflugerville, Texas
United States
78F / 26C
Total Time = 25m 24s
Overall Rank = 79/437
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 3/39
Pre-race routine:

Toast and hit the road. First 5K was a family event. My hubby, 7 y/o daughter, and sister (running with my 3 y/o in the jogger) were all doing our first 5ks.
Event warmup:

Walked from the house a 1/2 mile to the race starts. Have to love a neighborhood 5k!
Run
  • 25m 24s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

I started towards the back with my sister (w/jogger) and my daughter. A little weaving through the first 1/2 mile. I started out a lot faster than I planned, but didn't know my pace until I hit the first mile marker (first mile at 8:10). I was thinking I might die if I keep running this pace, but oh well and kept on going. Second mile was 8:15 pace. Once I made it though the second mile I figured in 10 minutes this would all be over and to just keep running. I hurt and wanted to hurl, so I guess that means I had it about right for a 5k?
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. I ran with water and was glad I did. I loved running with my family, made it a very special day!
Post race
Warm down:

Ran with my husband back to get my daughter (he then ran with her to the finish) and I ran back to get my sister.

Event comments:

I think I'm most proud of coming in 12/242 for the females. I wish I had a 5K last year to compare this too. The only thing I have is the 5k in my first tri (time of 37min and change), I think maybe I could have run it at 30 minutes last year. It feels really good to have all the running I've done over the last year start to pay off.

The other most exciting part was my 7 y/o came in second in the 9 and under group!! She was so excited and declared, "next year I'm going to train for this race".

Last updated: 2012-05-20 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:24 | 03.11 miles | 08m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 12/39
Overall: 0/437
Performance:
Course: Mostly flat through the neighborhood.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-05-20 8:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: 5k Pfun Run & Walk

2012-05-21 4:42 AM
in reply to: #4219557

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: 5k Pfun Run & Walk
Absolutely AWESOME race!!  And yes, feeling like you are going to hurl and die is the perfect 5K pace, ha ha!  You're gonna have to WORK to beat that PR for sure!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 5k Pfun Run & Walk Rss Feed