General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Triathlete-looking for advice Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-21 4:27 PM

Subject: New Triathlete-looking for advice

Hello all,

I am a recent college grad looking to get into the sport of triathalons. I was a Division 1 level swimmer so most of my questions pertain to the training and specifically biking portion of the training. I am looking to get into a sprint, or Olympic distance race by the end of the summer and really just do not know where to start.

For starters, could anyone recommend a cheap starter bike to begin training with?

Second, how many miles should I be putting in on the road both on a bike and my feet? If there is a link to a basic training guide it would be very helpful.

Any basic advice would be great.

2012-05-21 9:22 PM
in reply to: #4221431

New user

Subject: RE: New Triathlete-looking for advice

Welcome! I am a newbie as well. So...yaaaaa...not much for delving out the advice. But, I'll be watching for other's to chime in.

Good thing you've got the swimming down pat. That's the hardest part in my weak opinion. You'll rock it, I am sure...biking and running are nothin'!

-Vieve

2012-05-21 9:48 PM
in reply to: #4221431

User image

Master
Subject: RE: New Triathlete-looking for advice
tubb11 - 2012-05-21 2:27 PM

Hello all,

I am a recent college grad looking to get into the sport of triathalons. I was a Division 1 level swimmer so most of my questions pertain to the training and specifically biking portion of the training. I am looking to get into a sprint, or Olympic distance race by the end of the summer and really just do not know where to start.

For starters, could anyone recommend a cheap starter bike to begin training with?

Second, how many miles should I be putting in on the road both on a bike and my feet? If there is a link to a basic training guide it would be very helpful.

Any basic advice would be great.

Welcome to BT!  If you click on the Beginner link at the top of this page (under the Program button) you will find a ton of good information to get you started.  I am relatively new as well, so don't have a ton of experience to draw from, but there is a ton of good support on the site.  Start slow and build is my best advise.  Ask lots of questions, you'll get answers! 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Triathlete-looking for advice Rss Feed