Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Woodstock This Weekend!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-05-29 7:47 PM
in reply to: #4234051

Subject: RE: Woodstock This Weekend!!
Read your race report on you blog. thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife and I were there this weekend at woodstock. It was a great day and agree that MSC has put on another great event.

2012-05-29 8:18 PM
in reply to: #4233050

User image

Expert
TheCrownsOwn - 2012-05-29 10:36 AM

I was pretty pissed at my times overall, but found this race was great.

That sucks on the route for the duathlon, but on the triathlon side it was efficient and well laid out.    The dismount line was guarded like fort knox and we all played on a level field.  It was a great event.  Parking was easy, and when I was told I'd be running on gravel and grass was a little concerned but there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. It was a nifty little course, and i'll be back next year. 

Just a heads up, that asphalt along a couple of stretches is gonna be a concern in the near future.  It looks like it was actually paved in the last few years, but something definitely wrong with the application.  It shouldn't be cracking up and heaving that quickly.   I don't know what the problem is specifically...whether the asphalt itself had consistent density when applied or if it's the subgrade below it...but the heaving and cracking at i'd say every 10m or so along some stretches shouldn't be happening this soon.  This road is going to face some serious issues in +5 years or so.  It wasn't bad for the ride in any sense, but you could feel the bumps pretty hard on the aero bars in some areas.  Nothing to write home about now though, but in the future this road is gonna get chewed up quickly.

I assume you are talking about the portion of the course along oxford road 33?  I live it woodstock and have regularly road along that road for the last three years.  it has degraded a little bit over that time, but not alot.  three years ago it was still rough.  for some reason the mix on that road looks newer than I think it is.

Now, my wishlist is that Oxford county repaves 17 (the road your cross near transition.  That road is in horrible condition and I would love to it to be repaved!

2012-06-01 6:30 PM
in reply to: #4234387

Veteran
London, Ontario
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! I really am glad you enjoyed your day with us.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Woodstock This Weekend!! Rss Feed  

of 2