General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri-clothing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-11-19 6:27 AM

Atlanta, GA
Subject: tri-clothing
What do you guys wear when you race? I really think I would like to wear one set of clothing throughout the whole race, what should I be looking for?

2003-11-19 10:54 AM
in reply to: #1865

New user

Kailua-Kona, HI
Subject: RE: tri-clothing
I wear tri-specific shorts and tank through the entire race. The sets I wear, the shorts are just like bike shorts with and thin pad. The tank is cropped and tight. My last race I when with out the tank on the swim and it was hard to put on in T1 with a wet body. Next time it will be worn the whole time. I would suggest to wear the items a few times in training to make sure they are comfortable and that they will work for you. It me a few times to get use to wearing them.
2003-11-19 4:17 PM

Veteran
Brisbane-Melbourne, Australia
Ive mentioned it in other posts, I wear, usually an ORCA tri siut, its good because you dont have to change, and if its cold wearing a wetsuit over the top is no prob, otherwise a pair of DT's and a tri top, or singlet. Road races only, a pair of SBR nicks, and SBR jersy. A tri suit might be what you are looking for it does S, B & R. As a rule of thumb wear what you are most comfortable in. Remember to train in what you race in, and you dont have to spend heaps of bucks to be set up.

Craig
2003-11-20 10:44 AM

User image

athens, ga
i tried many different things but to me the most comfortable was a one piece tri-suit. it is extremely light weight and form fitting. it almost feels like you are not wearing anything at all. it also dries quickly when you get out of the water so there is no rubbing like in clothing that may not dry quick. it is very breathable too. i use the name brand ORCA it highly recommend it.
freddy
2003-11-20 12:41 PM
in reply to: #1924

Veteran
Brisbane-Melbourne, Australia
Good call surfking. ORCA is the goods, if you cannot get it in the States got to the ORCA web site, you can order on line. Plus the site offers some tips, and a basic program, some might be interested in.

Craig
2003-11-21 11:13 AM
in reply to: #1928

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
The last tri (second tri completed), I used a Zoot trisuit. It is lite and has some padding in the crotch area. The one I have also has a pocket with a zipper in the small of my back big enough to put some powerbars or gels in (no waterbottles.) The only downfall of tri suits in my opinion is that when you get hot it is easier to ditch a shirt than run with the top of your tri suit around your waist (not too hard because it is skin tight). The other thing is that if you have to pee it may be a little ackward, that is unless you just go through the suit as I hear some people do. The are nice because they are tight so you don't really notice them when you are swimming, and because you don't have to change.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » tri-clothing Rss Feed