Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 00m
  • 26.2 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Well that didn't go as planned. My original goal was to come in under 4 hours but the way my training played out I was capable of a much better finish than what I ended up with. Sure I was sick leading up to the race but I was able to eat and drink normally so I don't think that played as much a part of my time. The tendonitis showing up a couple of weeks ago was the main culprit. Coming down the hills from mile 4 on I was having some serious issues but nothing huge. 3:4X was my new target coming in after my training leading in went so well and I was on tack at the half way point coming in at 1:54 and having taken care of all of the major hills. But on that downhill something clicked in my knee and for a moment I thought I was going to have to stop completely. Grabbed some water and the pain was gone, once I got back up to speed it was back but only really on the downhills which consisted of most of the rest of the course. So, as the story goes, I change my gait to ease the pain, which causes my left leg to get tight but nothing really bad. Powered through and slipped in under 4.

Doc checked me, same tendonitis that tormented me before IMFL in 08. Back to the stretching to get rid of this junk.

Just once I'd like for everything to go as planned, just once. Maybe next time

Nutrition was spot on, no cramping. My fitness was there but my knee was not. Fix the knee and I'll be good.

Garmin has it as 4759 ft gained, Garmin Connect has it at 884 ft? One is high one is low.

Post race

Last updated: 2011-08-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 26.2 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-05-24 1:21 PM

User image

Master
Muskego, Wisconsin
Subject: Naha Marathon

2012-05-24 1:22 PM
in reply to: #4227558

User image

Master
Muskego, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Naha Marathon
Guess I forgot to put this one out there.  Needed to get that "draft" off my list
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Naha Marathon Rss Feed