General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Challenge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Challenge - Run3.5 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chicago, Illinois
United States
JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 30m 13s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Worked till 6 then headed to Grant Park. Very exciting stuff!!
Event warmup:

My company had a tent near Buckingham Fountain so I just headed there. Hit portapotty twice. Drank some water. Again, some exciting stuff!
Run
  • 30m 13s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 08m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I am not sure why I get nervous before a race. I have absolutely no possibility of placing anywhere near the top. Guess it is just my nature. It could be the fact that i compare myself to the other runners and imagine that everyone of them will outrun me. But I digress. This was a major clusterfuck again. Last year I was pissed with all the walkers up front. This year I didn't care so much. Just weaving and bobbing. I apologize if anyone caught one of my meaty elbows! I do what I always do. Start off slow and then pick up the pace. It is not much of a gameplan but it's my plan!
What would you do differently?:

Would have like to gotten under 30 minutes but it was hot and I was tired so I am happy with the results.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked back to the company tent, some water, a few sandwiches and a couple of beers. Then it was off to the train station! More food there. (Is a large diet Coke and a Mrs. Fields cookie a warm down?)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

As always the only thing that limited my performance was my inability to run fast. Listen I am 210 pounds with absolutely no fast twitch (or slowtwitch) muscles. The fact that I can put one foot in front of the other is a major accomplishment.

Event comments:

Putting the water stations at the 1/2 mile and 3 mile on a humid night was not a good idea. Plus this is not a scenic route but with 40,000+ runners I imagine it is the best they can do. Plus it was free to me and I got a t-shirt. Win-Win!!

Last updated: 2012-03-14 12:00 AM
Running
00:30:13 | 03.5 miles | 08m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: North on Columbus, under Wacker Drive, back south.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-05-25 8:47 AM

User image

Expert
Chicagoland
Subject: JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Challenge
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JPMorgan Chase & Co. Corporate Challenge Rss Feed