Multisport Canada
20C / 68F
Sunny
Total Time = 58m 47s
Overall Rank = 6/236
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 2/10
Pre-race routine:

Not a whole lot for this race. Just made sure that I had everything set up, pumped the tires, tightened my shoe clips, registered.
Event warmup:

Basically a 4min jog plus maybe 1min of swimming. Not a huge need to warm up for this one.
Swim
  • 08m 13s
  • 547 yards
  • 01m 30s / 100 yards
Comments:

pretty happy with the swim. felt strong throughout the whole thing, and came out with about a minute open water pb so pretty happy about that.
by the way it was pretty crazy at the beginning, one of the worst ive been in for getting kicked and what not
What would you do differently?:

just hit the pool more, maybe also work on drafting and swimming in a straight line.
Transition 1
  • 01m 7s
Comments:

slow transition, i need to figure out a more efficient way to get the garmin going. transitions will need to be practiced thats for sure.
Bike
  • 34m 31s
  • 20 kms
  • 34.77 km/hr
Comments:

pushed it really hard on the bike, and it was fastest 20k split i think ive done. The time/speed is unfortunate because after we left transition and the bike timing started we still had a good ways to run with bike before the mount line, really hurting our averages. other than that though the bike was pretty swell, with my garmin reading of a 36.1km/hr, which is my fastest ever average so thats good.
Transition 2
  • 00m 49s
Comments:

again a really slow transition, i think i had a bit of trouble with my shoes, other than that not sure what i can fix at this point, other than just being more efficient and quick
Run
  • 14m 10s
  • 4 kms
  • 03m 32s  min/km
Comments:

even though i had the fastest run split i was a bit dissapointed. i was hoping sub 14 at worst lol, but i did push it pretty hard on the bike and it was warm, so im not gonna stress over it lol.
What would you do differently?:

not a lot really, just think my legs werent used to that soreness in the legs after a bike ride, so perhaps more hard rides and hard t-runs.
Post race
Warm down:

nothing really, just chatted with the mortons and what not....oh and drove to ottawa to run a 10k....

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing really, was pretty happy with it all in all, just gotta keep training! transitions were an issue though. i was looking at the results, and if my transitions were as fast as jons i would have been 3seconds back of 3rd place, and well...id like to think i could have made that up;) so lesson learned there

Event comments:

solid event. my first time at a multisport canada race and i was pretty impressed. great course and i hope to return to woodstock one day and other MSC events as well!

Last updated: 2012-05-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:13 | 547 yards | 01m 30s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/10
Overall: 19/236
Performance: Good
Suit: Vortex 4
Course: The course was basically a beach start, then out left and back in , to make a U shape.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 72F / 22C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:07
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:34:31 | 20 kms | 34.77 km/hr
Age Group: 2/10
Overall: 18/236
Wind: Little
Course: just like the swim a U shaped course but out and back. pretty flat, the odd minor hill but nothing really worth worrying about
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:49
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:14:10 | 04 kms | 03m 32s  min/km
Age Group: 1/10
Overall: 1/236
Course: out and back course, one small hill but that was all. bit of gravel, but of grass.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes