General Discussion Race Reports! » Crystal River Sprint Triathlon Series #1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Crystal River Sprint Triathlon Series #1 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Crystal River, Florida
United States
DRC Sports
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 22m 26s
Overall Rank = 122/275
Age Group = 40-45
Age Group Rank = 11/15
Pre-race routine:

Pre-race wasn't that great this time. I spent Friday at my side job doing live fire training at a fire academy so I spent the majority of the day in firefighting gear going into a hot environment. I got done, packed up the family, and headed for the race city. We had a late dinner with friends (other racers and friends) and got to bed kind of late. I think I overate prior to the race as I felt like I was dragging. Not a really good night sleep. Woke up not feeling 100%, but was very excited to go.
Event warmup:

I got there early and was not in a rush setting up. I lost track of time a little so I didn't have a lot of time to swim before the race so warmup was a little short.
Swim
  • 08m 43s
  • 440 yards
  • 01m 59s / 100 yards
Comments:

Much improved over my last race. I swam pretty well, but I winded myself a bit coming out too hard and being nervous. I did a great job navigating and swimming straight. Good swim for my current skill level. Good to see some improvement.
What would you do differently?:

I've got to learn to come out easy. Other than that I swam my race and did well. I'm pleased. From a preparation standpoint I have got to get out in the open water and train.
Transition 1
  • 01m 332s
Comments:

I don't have tri shoes so I put them on in transition then mount. T1 went well. I wore socks because I train that way. No issues or needed equipment.

I wouldn't DO anything differently, but I could prepare more.
Bike
  • 47m 32s
  • 15 miles
  • 18.93 mile/hr
Comments:

Good ride. Good average pace and representation ofwhere I am at right now. I have improved over time. Nice course, average roads with some spots of rough and some stretches of brand new. Held a good pace, not sure if I could have pushed harder.

Nothing really. Good ride, just keep up the improvement.
Transition 2
  • 01m 29s
Comments:

Decent transition, went smoothly.

I could use some yankz, or something similar. Also, I should practice my transitions as stated above.
Run
  • 23m 10s
  • 3 miles
  • 07m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

The run saved me overall. This is a PR for this distance. Improved pace over last race for a similar distance. I need to keep my time as I didn't know I was running so well/fast I actually thought I was doing poorly. I didn't drink. I tried to drink on the run and that didn't work out at all. Poured some water on my head and it really didn't help.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around drinking water until my breathing and pulse lowered to a comfortable level. Then I got some course snacks.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I wasn't well prepared. I felt bloated from eating so heavily. I was a little dehydrated and tired from the day before. Average to poor sleep all week didn't help. I think that despite that I ran a good race. Maybe I would have been a little faster had I been prepped better, but I did good anyway.

Event comments:

Very fun race on a great fast course. Warm salt water, flat roads. The event was organized and went smoothly.

Last updated: 2012-04-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:43 | 440 yards | 01m 59s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/15
Overall: 132/275
Performance: Average
Suit: Tri shorts ad shirt
Course: Nice horseshoe shape course. Start from the shoreline. Water was warm, probably around 80.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:332
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:47:32 | 15 miles | 18.93 mile/hr
Overall: 168/275
Wind: None
Course: Pretty much flat out and back course.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering:
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:29
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:23:10 | 03 miles | 07m 43s  min/mile
Overall: 80/275
Performance: Good
Course: Flat out and back course
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-05-28 7:38 PM

User image

Regular
Ocala, FL
Subject: Crystal River Sprint Triathlon Series #1

2012-05-28 7:51 PM
in reply to: #4232367

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan
Subject: RE: Crystal River Sprint Triathlon Series #1
Great job.  I miss that race   I have done many at that venue and its all grown up now over my first   Hope you had fun
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Crystal River Sprint Triathlon Series #1 Rss Feed