General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone else doing the Seagate Pittsburgh Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-15 5:03 PM

User image

Cleveland, Oh
Subject: Anyone else doing the Seagate Pittsburgh Triathlon
I am going to do this one on July 11th. I was wondering if anyone else was planning on doing it.

2004-06-26 11:27 PM
in reply to: #31600

Subject: RE: Anyone else doing the Seagate Pittsburgh Triathlon
I'm trying my first tri on July 11th in Pittsburgh. Have you done this race before? I'm wondering what I can expect for the swim, bike and run conditions. Any help is appreciated.
2004-07-04 12:06 AM

I will be doing the Seagate Triathlon. I'm not familiar with the course, but I'm sure some hills are involved just because I know Pittsburgh is hilly. Would love to hear from someone who is familiar with the course or the area. This is my second year doing tri's. I just found this site and I love it!

2004-07-11 9:37 PM

How'd you enjoy the tri this morning? I suprised myself by doing pretty well in the swim, grunted through the hills on the bike and then started to cramp 1/2 mile into the run. I thought the run would be my best leg but it took me forever. Had to stop and stretch many times just to finish. But finish I did and was pretty happy to cross the finish line of my first tri. Nice event.
2004-07-12 9:53 AM

First of all, CONGRATS on your first tri! This is my second year, fifth tri overall.

I also had a good swim. My time wasn't a huge improvement but I felt the most relaxed and comfortable in the water that I ever have. MPH on bike were down, couldn't make up for the slow uphill time even with the long downhill. I think the uphill on bike may have taken it out of my legs because my run was a little slower than I anticipated. The humidity may have had something to do with that also, we have not had a hot summer at all so far this year. Overall I am pleased though. I am happy to finish strong, but know I need to train a little harder to make time improvements.

I enjoyed the event and will probably return next year. The only thing I would have liked better is for the run to be marked every mile and maybe have some more water out there for us.

Edited by tri tank 2004-07-12 9:55 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone else doing the Seagate Pittsburgh Triathlon Rss Feed