General Discussion Race Reports! » Central Florida Triathlon Series - Race #1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Central Florida Triathlon Series - Race #1 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Clermont, Florida
United States
Sommer Sports
74F / 23C
Overcast
Total Time = 57m 6s
Overall Rank = 22/325
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 4/27
Swim
  • 04m 50s
  • 440 yards
  • 01m 06s / 100 yards
Comments:

Bad swim. Worst tri swim I've ever been a part of. There was so much contact, it was incredible. Punched, clubbed over the head, kicked, pushed...pretty much the entire course. It was full contact swimming at it's best. I only "swam" about half the time. The other half was breast stroking trying to maneuver around and in between the other swimmers. It was ridiculous.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe start on the way outside instead of trying to get right in the mix of things. Last year in this race, I did the same as I did today with no problems.
Transition 1
  • 01m 10s
Comments:

1st place T1 in Age group. Long suygar sand beach run from the lake to T1. The lake was really low so the beach run was even longer than normal.
What would you do differently?:

Need to p[ractive not only jumping on bike, but doing it fast and get onto my shoes quiickly to get up to speed faster. I fumbled around with getting my feet on top of the shoes once I jumped which hurt a little bit.
Bike
  • 30m 1s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.99 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt really good on the flats. Was holding anywhere between a 22.5 to 25 mph for the most part. Then came the hills. I;ve always taken pride in my abaility to climb. I'm not the best climber, but relative to my overall cycling ability, I like to think I'm pretty good. Not today. I had nothing for the hills. They conquered me today and were a big part of why my bike split was sub-par.
Transition 2
  • 00m 59s
Comments:

Fastest T2 in age group. Everything went pretty good.
Run
  • 20m 10s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Hills on the run got to me as well, but luckily they were all over after the 1.25 miles. Overall I was happy with the run. While it was a different run course this year than last, it was pretty close to the same, and I PrR's the run course by almost a minute, so I have to be happy about that.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not sure what happened with my bike split today. I was feeling really good about where my bike fitness was going into this race. Since doing this series last year, I have gotten an aero helmet, a professional fit, and a coach. With all that said, I was pretty confident that I would PR the bike course today. However, my last race here last September, I biked a 28:56. Today, I biked a 30:01. I am pretty bummed about this. Not sure what else to do.

Event comments:

Not a bad race. Challenging course for a sprint. They changed some things up this year with the course and registration, and lets just say I hope they learned a few things today, because both need a little work.

Last updated: 2012-06-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:04:50 | 440 yards | 01m 06s / 100yards
Age Group: 10/27
Overall: 0/325
Performance: Bad
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:10
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:30:01 | 10 miles | 19.99 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/27
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Below average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:59
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:20:10 | 03.1 miles | 06m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/27
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-06-09 8:26 PM

User image

Regular
Lakeland, FL
Subject: Central Florida Triathlon Series - Race #1
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Central Florida Triathlon Series - Race #1 Rss Feed