General Discussion Race Reports! » Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer - ONT Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer - ONT - CycleCentury

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
22C / 72F
Precipitation
Total Time = 9h 00m
Overall Rank = /4500
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

granola and yoghurt for early breakfast. Drank water bottle on drive down. Had breakfast burito that they were serving to the participants
Event warmup:

Non, very congested to difficult to do anything
Bike
  • 5h 45m
  • 177.3 kms
  • 30.83 km/hr
Comments:

Drafting is king, in a pace line you find yourself shifting gears up up up, 90+ rpm in top gear and not having to push hard.
What would you do differently?:

possibly look to change to regular drop bars for pack riding. Would have been nice to be 20lbs lighter like last year at this time.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around thats about it

What limited your ability to perform faster:

wind, rain

Event comments:

If anyone reads this an is considering doing the ride it is well worth the effort. The fundraising is a challenge but it is a very worthwhile cause.

Last updated: 2012-01-04 12:00 AM
Biking
05:45:00 | 177.3 kms | 30.83 km/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/4500
Performance: Average
Time is appromiate, I did not have a bike computer and did a poor job of tracking my time in pit stops, lunch and helping a guy with a flat.
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Out of Toronto north then looping around and then back down to Hamilton. Rest stops were frequent and had water, gatorade, snacks, medical and bike mechanics. Very impressive but also very congested, this was my first "non race" ride so it was different that the self supported and water bottle stations that I was accustom to. Lunch was also very good with rice and chicken. The course was clearly marked, police manned a lot of the intersections waving through cyclists. Mostly flat but a few relatively short hills thrown in. Pavement was rough in areas. It started raining cats and dogs which kept things cool
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2012-06-11 10:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
Subject: Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer - ONT
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer - ONT Rss Feed