General Discussion Race Reports! » Florida Yulee Railroad Days 10K Grand Prix Race Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Florida Yulee Railroad Days 10K Grand Prix Race - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Gainesville, FL
United States
Florida Track Club
73F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 48m 50s
Overall Rank = 48/148
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 5/12
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 6:00am, had a Met-RX 100 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar and my multi-vitamin. Did my morning bathroom routine, twice. Got changed grabbed my gear and a Gatorade and headed out the door at 7:00am. Got to the Gainesville Hawthrone Trail at about 7:15 and checked in, put my race belt on.
Event warmup:

Ran about 1/2 mile for a warm-up and did some stretching.
Run
  • 48m 50s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

First off, my goal for this race was between 50-52 minutes. So I am extremely happy with my time.
Mile 1: 7:21 Probably started a little to far up in the pack and started out way to fast. Got passed by a lot of people. Trail was pretty flat for this mile, mostly in the shade.
Mile 2: 8:12 This is more the pace I wanted to be around so I was happy with this. This mile got more into the sun and had some small rolling hills. Nothing like Nashville.
Mile 3: 8:05 This started a long downhill run until the turn around. We were in and out of the sun. I was happy with this time. Especially knowing I had to run back up the hill.
Mile 4: 8:33 So after the turn around its back up the long hill. Its not very steep, but pretty much like a mile long. At the turn around I tried to grab a gatorade, it was fruit punch. Didn't sit to well and I choked on it mostly. So I threw it down and decided I would go without for the rest of the race.
Mile 5: 7:11 Don't know what happened here. My time was a lot faster then I thought I was running. My only guess is some really hot girl passed me and then I started keeping pace with her because it was a nice view. :) A really nice view.
Mile 6: 8:16 I would have liked for this mile to be faster, but my legs were starting to hurt and I knew that by this time I was going to beat my goal time. The nice view started running faster here as well, and I just couldn't keep up.
Last .2: 1:12. Hit the 6 mile marker and started pumping the arms a little harder. There was really no one in front of me that I could catch or anyone behind me that would pass me, so I just ran hard to get the best time I could.
What would you do differently?:

Try to even out my pace. I was spent at the end, so I knew I left it all out there.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed a cup of water and some watermelon before heading back to watch a friend cross the finish line. Then grabbed some gatorade and a half banana. Continued with the gatorade and got a half bagel with peanut butter at one point. Got a massage and waited for the awards to be handed out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It was a little humid this morning.

Last updated: 2006-05-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:48:50 | 06.2 miles | 07m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/12
Overall: 48/148
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back on the Gainesville Hawthrone Trail, which has some small hills on it.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-06-03 10:19 AM

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Subject: Florida Yulee Railroad Days 10K Grand Prix Race
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Florida Yulee Railroad Days 10K Grand Prix Race Rss Feed