General Discussion Race Reports! » TriPark Series- Mistletoe State Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

TriPark Series- Mistletoe State Park - DuathlonStandard

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Appling, Georgia
United States
Blue Sky Sports
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 22m 24s
Overall Rank = 11/38
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 5/9
Pre-race routine:

Toss and turned in bed. Only had 3 hours of sleep. Pack the car and drove 2 hours to the race site. Set up transition area and get body marked.
Event warmup:

Ran around and biked for about 15miutes. The road condition is a tad wet. The bike seem to be operating fine. Chat with some buds and wait for the start time.
Run
  • 22m 23s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I played safe here. There was no mile markers at all!! I have no idea what pace I was running. I know I was running about my average pace at the first mile then for some reason I slowed down to reserve gas for the bike. I was running about front of the pack -- approx. 12 runners ahead of me...
What would you do differently?:

Warm up closer to the start time-- get the body pumped so I can get more energy sooner. Just run and let the bike that care of itself.
Transition 1
  • 01m 27s
Comments:

My bike rack was at the end of the transition area.... It was a mad dash to the mounting line -- I was amazed that I did not knock any one out!

Nothing.....run faster with the bike!
Bike
  • 35m 12s
  • 11.6 miles
  • 19.77 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt good throughout the ride except for the left shoe clip. For some reason I cannot clip that darn shoe into it!! I was spent most of the ride adjusting to the clips. I basically biked with one side clipped on. On one particular slight incline climb -- I was trying to overtake a few cyclists but my left feet slipped off the pedal and almost took some skin with it .... OY VEY! The course was not hilly which is not good for me. I am much more of a climber. Eventhough I pass many cyclists .... I still have much ground to cover.

I need to work in more speedwork..more speedwork...more speedwork!
Transition 2
  • 00m 44s
Comments:

FAST! I was dashing back to my rack....and off I went with 2 shot blocks in my mouth!

Nothing...sweet!
Run
  • 23m 14s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

-- runners face the first NASTY hill before we can get our pacing/breath together. That was fun -- not! ...and wet. Overall, a reverse of the first run leg. Running low on fuel until the last mile. I was trying my best to catch up with the pack in front of me .. it was a good effort...

Need to do more speedwork/track work. And continue running on hilly terrains.
Post race
Warm down:

Hydrate and cheer with buds.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Experience. I need to race more DU in order for my body to get accustom to the wear and tear of the first run leg. Continue racking bike mileage and execute more speedwork. LAstly, a new bike for next season ....

Event comments:

RUN COURSE NEED MORE MILE MARKERS. I only saw the first mile marker -- that was it. That was it ... otherwise I had fun. Even though I did not achieve my set goals for this race (came sooooooooo close) I now know what I need to fit. My main goal was to be overall top 10. If I counted correctly, I am one spot out of the top 10.... SUCKS! I blame it on my lack of sleep, long drive, and shoe clip malfunction. LOL .... Now, I feel better already.

I finally saw..well..one BTer ... Hello there, runnergirl29!! I hope you found the rest of them!

I was particularly proud of my buds from Carroll County -- 3 out 5(including me) placed top 3 in their AG!! Bravo! In other words, all of us place well in each AG.

Next race will be a drag out brutal race....CHEERS!

And by the by -- this race was also the state of Georgia Sprint Championship(Tri/DU) and Southeast region USAT Grand Prix Duathlon Series.

Last updated: 2006-06-03 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:23 | 03.1 miles | 07m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/9
Overall: 0/38
Performance: Average
Course: Reverse loop of the tri run course. Road/trails/road/trail -- wet trails. That HILL was not fun!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Too much
T1
Time: 01:27
Overall: Good
Run with bike? Good
Jump on bike? Average
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Average
Biking
00:35:12 | 11.6 miles | 19.77 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: Little
Course: Park road -- fairly flat. There were a few too many turn arounds in the course.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:44
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:23:14 | 03.1 miles | 07m 29s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: Trail/road/trail/road/trail
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-06-03 2:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Douglasville GA
Subject: TriPark Series- Mistletoe State Park

2006-06-03 11:31 PM
in reply to: #442155

User image

Veteran
Douglasville GA
Subject: RE: TriPark Series- Mistletoe State Park
Corrections ---

12th overall out of 38 and 4th in my AG out of 8.

Cheers...
2006-06-04 1:45 PM
in reply to: #442155

Veteran
Marietta, GA
Subject: RE: TriPark Series- Mistletoe State Park
From my perspective a smokin' great race.  Congratulations.  I met Bluejack and Runnergirl29, sorry that I missed you.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » TriPark Series- Mistletoe State Park Rss Feed