General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike tire question again... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-03 5:44 PM

Veteran
silverton oregon
Subject: bike tire question again...

I just inherited a cannondale bike and it needs to tires and pedals.  So here's the problem.

I live in a small town. (you can see post on Living in a small town)  There is only one LBS who has more mt bikes then anything else.  (we live near some great trails with some of the best falls in Oregon). So he can't get any real decent big name tires in.  I would like contintental's on there but I will have to order stuff off the internet and take them to him to have him fixup/clean up/tune up the bike. 

1. what are the best contintental road tires for oregon?  (700x23 are on there now)

2. for my first year and race should I just stick to basket clip on and  pedals?  I know that clipless are more $$$ but I'm torn. 

2006-06-04 8:16 AM
in reply to: #442238

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD
Subject: RE: bike tire question again...
biketiresdirect are the best prices I've seen.

I got my tubulars (the kind of tires you glue on) for half retail price.

I would recommend the Continental GP 4000 tires as they are (in my opinion) the best clincher tires out there, and I think you can get them for a decent prices from the site.

If you plan on cycling a lot, take the plunge and go with the clipless pedals. If you are unsure how committed you will be to the sport, then getting the toe clips will be fine.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike tire question again... Rss Feed