General Discussion Race Reports! » St. Peters Rec-Plex Spring Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

St. Peters Rec-Plex Spring Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
St. Peters, Missouri
United States
City of St. Peters
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 22m 27s
Overall Rank = 197/250
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 4/11
Pre-race routine:

Arrived one hour beforehand. Ate a piece of whole wheat toast w/honey and a banana. Also drank a cup of coffee.
Event warmup:

Really only walk around and do yoga stretching.
Swim
  • 12m
  • 547 yards
  • 02m 11s / 100 yards
Comments:

This is the 3rd time doing this race, and so I was used to the routine and chaos of the pool with so many people in it. Was much more aware of my heart rate and worked at keeping it at an average rate. Considering I only practice a couple times beforehand, it is easy to see that I am pretty competitive in this area...with a little work, I could easily improve here. My practices times were closer to 15 minutes.
What would you do differently?:

Practice more beforehand, overall, I raced well in the water. Actually really like the lanes. It is easy for me to practice this style of race at our local pool.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I had just bought new shoes and clips the week before, so I was a little out of practice with this transition...much less using the new shoes at all. It went great considering this!

Duh, practice more w/new shoes! Boy were they worth it though on the ride. Best bike race ever for me!
Bike
  • 1h 15m 21s
  • 21 miles
  • 16.72 mile/hr
Comments:

Coming in second in my age group was awesome. I knew as I was riding that I was rocking it, and I am pretty sure with some practice, I can improve over 16mph.

Need to find a practice course that is flat w/ some hills. Most of my practice is usually all hills, or all flat. Nothing in between.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

They didn't time our Transitions, so I have no idea if it was added on to the bike or run or swim?! Mine were probably average considering I had new shoes!
Run
  • 55m 6s
  • 4.4 miles
  • 12m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Apparantly I suck at running. This I already knew!! Gotta get on a program that focuses in that area. I normally run @ 11 minutes. I was just worn out from my biking. I knew I was doing good and put all my effort there...knowing my run would probably suck! One more goo might have helped too!

May need to up the ante on the goo...also need to focus on running when I am tired and doing it anyway...work on speed!!
Post race
Warm down:

walk and stretch, took a shower at the recplex...felt much better, especially after a little cold water..

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Just my lack of prep w/running. Bike and swim were excellent. Yet to have my "perfect" race where each segment goes well. Two more races to go this summer, and I definitely have areas to work on!

Event comments:

I like this race because it is kind of a no frills kind of deal. It is a longer than sprint course (except it is a sprint distance swim). It is safe, well organized, and basically the same every year....dependable. Great way for me to see how I am doing with my training. Also shows me how I have improved, because it is the first tri I ever did in 2008.

Last updated: 2012-06-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:00 | 547 yards | 02m 11s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/11
Overall: 133/250
Performance: Average
Suit: Zoot tri suit for entire race
Course: huge olympic pool with 10 lanes marked off to go down and back.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
01:15:21 | 21 miles | 16.72 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/11
Overall: 145/250
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Out and back through Mississippi River Bottoms. Mild wind was an issue coming back.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering:
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:55:06 | 04.4 miles | 12m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 7/11
Overall: 223/250
Performance: Below average
Course: Flat and mostly shady.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %??
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-06-18 9:14 PM

User image

New user

Subject: St. Peters Rec-Plex Spring Triathlon

2012-06-19 2:25 PM
in reply to: #4268293

User image

Expert
Missouri
Subject: RE: St. Peters Rec-Plex Spring Triathlon

Congrats on a great race and the 2nd in AG on the bike! 

Can I ask which other 2 races you have planned for this summer?  Just curious if we'll be competing against each other since we're in the same AG Laughing

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » St. Peters Rec-Plex Spring Triathlon Rss Feed