General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silver Lake Wilmington Open Water Swim Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-20 7:23 AM

User image

New user

Lowell, MA
Subject: Silver Lake Wilmington Open Water Swim

I'm training for my first sprint triathlon.  While I've been a swimmer all my life, I haven't open water swam in over 15 years.  I recently attempted in the ocean down Scituate and had a bit of an issue with the crazy waves this past weekend, so I'm hoping to find a lake to get better practice.

Does anyone swim this lake?  I know its technically for residents of Wilmington only, but its the only place i can find near Lowell that isn't icky gross lake water. 

So... anyone do this swim?

2012-06-20 7:42 AM
in reply to: #4270962

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Silver Lake Wilmington Open Water Swim

Hey Karen,

I haven't been in Silver Lake, but a group from TriFury (www.trifury.com) swims there quite frequently (and is a great tri training club in general!), I think MWF at 5:30am.  Club members have access to the email listserve, and you'll find that people send out notices for when a group is swimming.  There's also a TriFury group that swims Mascapuccic on the Dracut side (i may have misspelled that) most mornings at 6:30.  Another lake that my training group, Breakaway Triathlon training, swims is Silver Lake.  My coach does sessions there on Thursday mornings (www.breakawaycomputraining.com).

Edited by ArielLIlB 2012-06-20 7:42 AM
2012-06-20 8:25 AM

User image

Pro
MA

Tryfury also organize group swims in the Merrimack - the same swim route where the Mill City Tri race and Mighty Merrimack swim race take place. 

2012-06-20 8:31 AM

User image

Regular
lowell

I have a friend who's a northeast multisport member ( http://northeastmultisport.com/  and they have group swims at Silverlake in Hollis as well.  

Mascapuccic is nice, tonight is try the tri there from the Dracut side https://sites.google.com/site/trifury2011/try-the-tri , group swims at 6:30 M/W/F

There's also regular swims in Andover at Stiles

Also Walden is great if you don't mind the drive down.

2012-06-20 9:06 AM

User image

New user

Lowell, MA

Thank you all for the responses!  I'm going to check out the trifury group.  

Now.. to get my husband home from work early enough to watch the kid so I can do the Wednesday swims!

Thanks again!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silver Lake Wilmington Open Water Swim Rss Feed