FIRM Racing
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 26m 27s
Overall Rank = 48/135
Age Group = 24-29
Age Group Rank = 2/3
Pre-race routine:

Got the car packed up. Had a Nature Valley Protean bar for breakfast. It was ok but i need to eat a little more. Had about 24 Oz of water before the race.

Took about 40 min to get to the event. Got checked in and setup at the rack. Tried to bring Julie, Duff and Fiona down to the water but the hill was too ruggid and to many rocks. Had to run back to get my black everyday shoes and bring them down to the water. I used the shoes to run up the 1/2 mile trail to the transition area.
Event warmup:

Got my wet suit on and jumped into the water. Did a few "laps" in the swimming section of the rope offed area. Didn't war up enough.
Swim
  • 11m 27s
  • 880 yards
  • 01m 18s / 100 yards
Comments:

Wade in start. Didn't get a good rhythm for swimming until rounding the first bouy. Got kicked in the face a few times. Tried to swim over some people. and could not see that well out of the goggles. Need to get a new clear pair. They leaked and i couldn't site very well.
What would you do differently?:

Positions myself to close to the front. Really didn't mean too just happened. Should of waited a few seconds for everyone to go head of me. Get another clear set of goggles.
Transition 1
  • 05m 58s
Comments:

Cam out of the water and crossed the T1 mat. Then had to put on street shoes, run up 1/2 mile dirt rocky hill up to the transition zone. Did have the wet suit half off though. Got up the hill fine, Turned ont gps and stet it for triathlong mode. The wet suit got stuck on ankle tracker. Other wise it was easy to come off. Put on helmet when i got to the bike. Put shoes on, put HR monitor on, bike off the rack and ran over to mounting area. ran with bike jumped on and stated to go.

need to see if hart rate strap is water proof so I can put it on before the swim. Also need to remember to turn on GPS before race starts and set it to multi sport mode.
Bike
  • 41m 8s
  • 13 miles
  • 18.96 mile/hr
Comments:

The course started off on a big up hill. I was able to pass a lor of people right at the beginning because of this. My legs felt good after the swim an ready to go. I got up the first hill and used my speed to go down it. For me the course was not to hilly. I did play cat and mouse with a few people. I would pass them on the up hill and they would pass me on the flats and on the down hills. Most of the guys that passed me on the down hills where much bigger then me and were able to use their mass to their advantage. Had one guy say to me " I know who is the hill Climber" I think my average speed going up the hills was about 13 to 15. For some reason i ran out of gas on the last hill. I felt fine or at least i think i felt fine. It was a very good ride.

Check out the course some time before hand. At least get to drive it once. turn on GPS before getting on the bike. and have the watch mounted properly.
Transition 2
  • 01m 24s
Comments:

I was able to unclip and jump of the bike. Towel of my feet put on running shoes and tie them and go. t

need to get a pair of yanks for the shoe lases.
Run
  • 26m 27s
  • 3 miles
  • 08m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

Run was good. Started off fast, i think around 7:00 min mile. Shoe came untied and had to stop to double knot them. there where more roaling hills on the run then on the bike. or at least they felt longer. I was able to keep a good pace and was happy with how i flet when i finished

review the run course. get better laces
Post race
Warm down:

walked around a bit. When over and got some water melon and a hot dog. Other food there wasn't much apatizing. Didn't do any streaching, should have. Waited around for post race pics and wards. Got 2nd place for age group.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need a better warm up on the swim so my body can be ready for the start.

Last updated: 2012-06-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:27 | 880 yards | 01m 18s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 58/135
Performance: Below average
Suit: Sleeveless Wet suit
Course: Swim out to yellow triangle, turn left. Swim to orange ball, turn left back to shoure.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 05:58
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:41:08 | 13 miles | 18.96 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 46/135
Performance:
Wind: None
Course: Course was good. A bit hilly but I was able to clime the hills pretty easly.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 80
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:24
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average