General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for swim coach/help in Suwanee Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-23 10:53 AM

New user

Cornelia, Georgia
Subject: Looking for swim coach/help in Suwanee
I am moving to Suwanee next weekend and I am in desperate need of a swim coach or instructor.  I work in Winder, Ga and I swim at the YMCA and OWS at Ft Yargo.  I am probably going to join lifetime fitness as long as the pool is not super crowded.  Can anyone recommend a coach in the Suwanne or Winder area??

2012-06-24 9:33 AM
in reply to: #4276612

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
Subject: RE: Looking for swim coach/help in Suwanee
Check to see if that location has a Master's program. I know the LTF on Windward/North Point in Alpharetta does, so I could only assume that the location you are talking about would also have one?
2012-06-24 11:21 AM

New user

Lifetime @ Sugarloaf does have a masters program.  It is $30 or $35 a month.  Tues/Thurs @ 6A and Noon.  Fair amount of beginners in the group so not your typical masters program.  Usually good amount of instruction if needed, some are there for help with swim, others just want a coached set.  I think they let you try it a time or two for free.  Just as an FYI, they have trouble keeping coaches but the ones they get are usually very good at offering coaching advice.  Just a fair amount of turnover.
2012-06-24 7:23 PM

Lifetime Johns Creek also has Master Swimming, not sure which LifeTime is closest for you but sounds like you have options if Master's Swimming is what you are looking for.

2012-06-25 6:37 AM

User image

Master
Winder, GA

There are also 2 Swim Atlanta locations kind of near you, Sugarloaf and Dacula. Both have Master's programs but they are kind of pricey. However, if you drop your YMCA membership it's about the same price. Living in Suwanee puts you right in the middle of many options. I used to belong to LTF Sugarloaf and swam there but at that time there wasn't a Master's program.

I'm not sure how much (or what kind of) coaching you're looking for... the aquatics director at the Y in Winder was an All-American swimmer at U of F and if she doesn't have time to help you because of the summer swim team then she might know who can. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for swim coach/help in Suwanee Rss Feed