General Discussion Triathlon Talk » looks like I delayed the start of my IM swim training by a week Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-26 1:17 AM

User image

Veteran
Omaha, NE
Subject: looks like I delayed the start of my IM swim training by a week

Tonight I cut into my left pointer finger while cutting some firewood for our camping trip that starts tomorrow. It was right across the knuckle and I could see the bone. Had to get a bunch of stitches and a splint. Dr says not to swim for 10 days or so, especially OW.

LOL, just my luck, I had my first 3 swims planned as OW while on vaca. Hopefully it doesn't slow me down biking this week, I have 3 25ish mile rides with 1800-2000 ft climbing each this week. Usually my rides of that distance are in the 4-500 range. Ohh well, I'm sure I can suck it up, they did put my finger in a splint to keep me from bending it and breaking it back open. We'll see how this goes. I was really looking forward to everything I had planned this week.

2012-06-26 1:54 AM
in reply to: #4280379

User image

Veteran
London, England
Subject: RE: looks like I delayed the start of my IM swim training by a week
That's kinda how IM training goes - at least from what I can tell.  Seems like nothing ever goes to plan except for your own motivation and consistency of effort to do what's possible given whatever circumstances come up.  Keep at it man, and good luck!
2012-06-26 4:19 PM
in reply to: #4280379

User image

Regular
Newbury Park, CA
Subject: RE: looks like I delayed the start of my IM swim training by a week

Stuff happens, expecially when you're planning months (or year) in advance.  Being flexible & able to adapt is key.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » looks like I delayed the start of my IM swim training by a week Rss Feed