General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NYC Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-07-11 9:33 AM
in reply to: #4280752

Stamford
Subject: RE: NYC Triathlon
Yea i'm debating the central park duathlon.  I'll be doing the Philly RnR half on Sep-16th though ... so just training for that the rest of the summer!

2012-07-11 2:53 PM
in reply to: #4280752

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: NYC Triathlon
I think that Staten Island tri looks like it’s in the same place as the “Flat as a Pancake Tri/Du” last month. If that’s the case, and I’m pretty sure it is, it’s not far from the Ferry. You can take mass transit to the ferry terminal, take the ferry across, and then ride your bike to the race site.

I’m sorry the NYC tri is over too. I had a blast, as I always do at that race. I’m a little worn out—it was my 4th race of the season, including a 70.3 three weeks ago.

My next race is the Atlantic City Tri (Olympic) in September, which looks like it’ll be a lot of fun. I think it’s probably still open.

I may also do the Cape Henlopen tri in Lewes DE, which is in October. It’s in the town where we always spend a week at the beach, and it’s a fun local race where I know the course by heart since I ride or run it almost every day on vacation.

My friend wants to do the Greta’s Great Gallop half-marathon in CP in Sept or October. I’m not really looking forward to it, because I think I’ll have reached my saturation point for a heavy training load by then, but it’s a fun race and I promised my buddy I’d do it.

Other races I usually enter are the Gotham Cup duathlon in November in Brooklyn, and that’s pretty much the end of multisport season for me. From there it’s all NYRR and other running races all winter until the du’s and tri’s start up again in April.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NYC Triathlon Rss Feed  

of 3