General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Portland Orthopedists? Rebound MD? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-26 6:00 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Subject: Portland Orthopedists? Rebound MD?
Well, I am FINALLY back in Portland for good, but I am still doing rehab from my December knee surgery. I'm looking for an orthopedist here in town that comes highly recommended. Does anybody have any thoughts on this?I was thinking of Rebound MD, since I know they are the team doctors for a lot of the area schools and the Trail Blazers. Does anybody know anything about them? I don't need a PT since I already know one here, but I'm all over the board looking for a doctor.Thanks for the help!

2013-05-28 10:26 AM
in reply to: SoccerGK

Subject: RE: Portland Orthopedists? Rebound MD?
If your looking for a Doctor, I would say they are some of the best in the Area, but with some caveats. I had two back surgeries done by them about 8 years ago, but even after still having pain, they told me they told me it was normal after the surgery and it would get better with time. After 4 years of living with it, I discovered it was most likely sciatica from scar tissue and started looking at alternatives. Stretching has done wonders for that, when all they seemed to do was want to treat it with Cortisol Injections.

They are good at diagnosing and great at surgeries, but it seems to be the case of "if all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail."

About 7 months I woke up with debilitating pain in my shoulder and arm. I went to 2 doctors, one who told me it was a torn rotator cuff, the other who told me it was a pulled muscle. After 3 weeks of pain, I paid out of Pocket to go see Rebound, since my new insurance no longer covered them.

The Dr there took one look at me and told me I had a pinch nerve in my neck, and an MRI confirmed it. However, he then had me use steroids for 2 weeks which did nothing and told me I would probably need surgery to correct it. Sick of Dr's at this point, I finally broke down, went to a Chiro and after 1 adjustment, the pain was gone.

So to answer your question, yes, I believe they are good dr's, but they like all Dr's they seem to treat every ailment with whatever tools they are most comfortable with.

2013-05-29 6:44 PM
in reply to: SoccerGK

Master
portland, or
Subject: RE: Portland Orthopedists? Rebound MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Scott Grewe at Orthopedic NW. You can talk soccer with him. He is, or at least was for many years, the surgeon for the Univ of Portland women's soccer team and is well known for his work with women's knee issues

Dr. Jason Kurian at Orthopedic & Fracture clinic is a multi-time IM finisher and Wisconsin native.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Portland Orthopedists? Rebound MD? Rss Feed