Age Group = F16-39
Age Group Rank = 4/4
Bike
  • 52m 57s
  • 27.5 kms
  • 31.16 km/hr
Comments:

Hafnarfjörður Criterium

This was supposed to be fun and fun it was. The weather was beautiful although quite chilly. We were only 4 girls and we started 1 minute behind the boys. Not sure what to think about that but when I later on saw the speed of the boys it was probably OK as I doubt I would have been able to draft any of the boys anyways.

I got a cramp on the 2nd lap in my right calf and I was really confused about it as I had not have any issue with that in a long time. Somehow it seems that Torben gave me his cramp... tried to get it out and it got a little better throughout the race but every time the hill came it flared up again....

We stayed together for the first 9 laps (which included sprints after lap 3,6 and 9). The sprints were especially cruel as they were right after the uphill on the course so the legs were already burning from that anways. I managed to get my HR up to 178 (!) Shock which is really high for the bike. Not sure I have even seen this number during a run!

After the sprint on lap 9 the first 2 girls just went and as they were a class of their own today I knew already beforehand I had no chance. I also lost the 3rd woman on that uphill and as soon as I realised that I decided to take the last 5 laps easier and not completely kill myself with regards to Saturdays race. Today I had no chance against her. I also have to admit that the legs were a little more tired than I thought probably from last Sundays race...

I talked to one of the girls afterwards about the cramp and she noticed I was wearing compression calf guards which I do often BUT this time I was wearing brandnew ones which are a size smaller than I usually wear and although they did not feel that tight, they could have maybe been the reason for the cramping issue.

Post race

Last updated: 2012-05-11 12:00 AM
Biking
00:52:57 | 27.5 kms | 31.16 km/hr
Age Group: 4/4
Overall: 4/4
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: