General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open water swim locations/groups near norwood??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-04 8:43 AM

User image

Subject: Open water swim locations/groups near norwood???

Hey everyone!

I would like to reach out and see if there is anyone near Norwood that knows of any good open water swim locations similar to Walden? I know there is lake massapoag in Sharon, but do they allow open water swimming? also looking for anyone looking for people to train with.

Thanks everyone,

Jim

2012-07-05 2:14 PM
in reply to: #4294123

User image

New user

Medfield, MA
Subject: RE: Open water swim locations/groups near norwood???

Definitely you can go to Lake Massapoag any early morning and park & swim. During beach hours you need a pass for the nice beach or a day pass for beach on opposite side of lake - but I think you could park at high school and walk-in. I've swam there in weeks leading up to the August Sharon Triathlon in past and they've allowed you to swim by and past bouys.

Only issue with swimming across the lake is they do allow motor boats so wear a bright colored cap!

I mostly swim at Farm Pond in Sherborn b/c I can bike there from home. Decent sized lake, can get a little gamey in late summer due to geese but great right now. Its 1M east off 27 just after Medfield line

2012-07-12 4:20 PM

User image

New user

Planning to swim tomorrow morning 6am at Massapoag in Sharon. Myself plus one other swimming. Anyone is welcome to join us
2012-07-30 4:09 PM

User image

New user

Planning to swim tomorrow 5:30am Little Pond Morton Park Plymouth. Myself and one other will swim for about 1 hour then run. All are welcome to join us.
2012-08-22 7:37 PM

User image

New user

Planning to swim tomorrow morning 6am at Massapoag in Sharon. All are welcome to join me.
2012-09-14 7:00 PM

User image

New user

http://www.sharkfestswim.com/default.asp?PageID=21262

Sharkfest Boston Swim this month sat the 22nd

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open water swim locations/groups near norwood??? Rss Feed