General Discussion Race Reports! » Morden Triathlon - Half Ironman Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Morden Triathlon - Half Ironman Course - Triathlon1/2 Ironman

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Morden, Manitoba
Canada
3rd Wave Tri Club
30C / 86F
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 18m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/5
Pre-race routine:

Stayed at mom & dad's place on the weekend. Couldn't find anything appealing for breakfast so ate 4 pieces of toast and washed that down with a significant amount of coffee. Drove about 50 min to Morden.

My "season of the wolf" started Friday, which meant I was going into the race at the peak of bloatedness and crampiness. The plan was to take things easy.

Swim
  • 46m 30s
  • 1900 meters
  • 02m 27s / 100 meters
Comments:

They announced no wetsuits 20 minutes prior to race start. I had a swimsuit in the truck, so changed out of my race outfit into the swimsuit. I felt that I swam fine, however my time was not good. I was hoping for closer to 40 minutes and given that I only noticed one swim split below 30 minutes, I'm thinking that the bouys were possibly out a bit??
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

T1 time is included in bike split. I went slow. This was not my "A" race and therefore was not interested in killing myself for an extra minute.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Bike
  • 3h 13m 30s
  • 55.92 miles
  • 17.34 mile/hr
Comments:

Started ok, then slowly went uphill and against the wind for about an hour before the turn around. That was tough! Then the big valley - awesome goin down but painful going up! Roads were a rough ride. I always forget what a hard ride this course is. Was glad the last 10 miles were down hill, as I was spent and wouldn't have had the energy for anything else!

More outdoor rides. This was actually only my second outdoor ride this year.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Time is included with Bike split. I walked off the bike into transition, slathered on sunscreen and decided to leave my t-shirt on as I had no desire to get a sunburn today! Put on my stuff, then realized I forgot my garmin on my bike just before leaving transition so ran back to get it. Hit up the porta potty before heading on course.

Nothing. This was slow, but I needed to make sure I had everything I needed and wanted to make sure I was coated in sunscreen.
Run
  • 2h 18m
  • 13.11 miles
  • 10m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a hot hilly run and was somewhat painful for me. Lap 1 was 65 min and lap 2 was 73 min.

Maybe more hill training.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate tons of watermelon and gingersnaps!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Being on my period, blah!

Event comments:

The race was well organized and volunteers and officials were great. The course itself is very challenging. I was a little disspointed in the food selection on the run (no gels? no oranges? no pretzels?) and was surprised (and very dissappointed!!) that they did NOT give out medals! Fortunately because I placed first in my age group, I still got a prize ($25 Running Room gift card and a pair of running socks) so felt better about that. I'm glad I decided to do this race this year as it was a good lesson for what I need to work on for Wisconsin.

Last updated: 2012-07-07 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:46:30 | 1900 meters | 02m 27s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/5
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Suit: swimsuit
Course: 2 laps
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 24C / 75F Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
03:13:30 | 55.92 miles | 17.34 mile/hr
Performance: Average
Wind: Some
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
02:18:00 | 13.11 miles | 10m 32s  min/mile
Performance: Average
Course: Hilly run through the town of Morden
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-07-07 8:02 PM

User image

Middle of Nowhere, Manitoba, Canada
Subject: Morden Triathlon - Half Ironman Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Morden Triathlon - Half Ironman Course Rss Feed