General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Peak Weeks -- Leadville Trail 100 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-11 2:53 PM

User image

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI
Subject: Peak Weeks -- Leadville Trail 100

I've reached my peak training weeks for Leadville Trail 100, and I'm looking for some feedback on my upcoming weekly plan.  Every week will include back-to-back long runs on the weekends, and I will be doing at least one all-night trail run to test out my night gear.  Once I arrive in Colorado the first week of August, I'm thinking 'the hay is in the barn.'  I can hike a little, but mostly I want to get good rest and try to adapt to elevation (since I live at 800' ASL), rather than run a lot when I'm there.

Some info on my daily running: I'm running 6 days a week, almost exclusively on trails, and every run has as many hills as I can find in my area.  Although most of the hills are only 50 - 150 foot gains, they are very steep (in preparation for Hope Pass).  Additional info: over the past six months, I've run three 50 milers and two race 50kms, all of which have gone very well.  Also, my logs are up to date.  

The past two weeks I ran the following:

6/25 - 7/1: 95.74 miles / 14hrs 27 mins of running

7/2 - 7/8: 106.91 miles / 16hrs 34 min of running

The weeks leading up to the race look like this:

7/9 - 7/15: recovery week -- 52 miles / 8hrs of running

7/16 - 7/22: 112 miles / 17.5 hrs of running

7/23 - 7/29: 118 miles / 18.5 hrs of running

7/30 - 8/5: 124 miles / 19.5 hrs of running

8/6 - 8/12: 40 miles / 6hrs of running/hiking in CO

8/13 - 8/19: ~105 miles / race week

2012-07-11 8:50 PM
in reply to: #4306402

User image

Veteran
STATESBORO, GA
Subject: RE: Peak Weeks -- Leadville Trail 100
No knowledge to answer your question or give feedback. However, just wanted to say that is one fully stacked hay barn. Best wishes for a great race!
2012-07-11 10:04 PM

User image

Champion
Calgary
I think a 2 week taper is a great idea. May be difficult to handle mentally but you are right, the hay is in the barn. AND you have had a killer year. I think a lot of people do longer tapers for their A race. Remember what Ellie said in her report about running only once in 4 weeks prior to Western States and after Comrades, could you imagine. Clearly you can't. But, I mean, if you want to do your best, given your volume and races to date, a 4 week taper may give you your best shot. But who can do that. So, seeing as you can't, because you love running so much, I think the 3 week build and the 2 week taper is a good plan. You are going to kill that race with those 2 super easy weeks. Your biggest challenge will to not go out to fast.

My only real concern is you are averaging more than 2 hours a day on those 3 weeks which is more than you averaged in August, so it doesn't really appear as if you are toning it down. I suppose, when is your night run? Looks like you have it set in that 3rd week out which probably puts it near 2 weeks prior to the race. IF you did it in the 4th week out you would have 3 weeks prior to the race to recover. Maybe switch the 19.5 hr and 18.5 hr weeks. Or he77, switch the 17.5 with the 19.5. You are going to feel like a beast next week anyway with your easy week this week so why not hit the long night trail run this weekend or next?

Is everything feeling good tendon and joint wise?
2012-07-12 7:41 AM
in reply to: #4307077

User image

Elite
West Allis, Wisconsin

BigDH - 2012-07-11 10:04 PM I think a 2 week taper is a great idea. May be difficult to handle mentally but you are right, the hay is in the barn. AND you have had a killer year. I think a lot of people do longer tapers for their A race. Remember what Ellie said in her report about running only once in 4 weeks prior to Western States and after Comrades, could you imagine. Clearly you can't. But, I mean, if you want to do your best, given your volume and races to date, a 4 week taper may give you your best shot. But who can do that. So, seeing as you can't, because you love running so much, I think the 3 week build and the 2 week taper is a good plan. You are going to kill that race with those 2 super easy weeks. Your biggest challenge will to not go out to fast. My only real concern is you are averaging more than 2 hours a day on those 3 weeks which is more than you averaged in August, so it doesn't really appear as if you are toning it down. I suppose, when is your night run? Looks like you have it set in that 3rd week out which probably puts it near 2 weeks prior to the race. IF you did it in the 4th week out you would have 3 weeks prior to the race to recover. Maybe switch the 19.5 hr and 18.5 hr weeks. Or he77, switch the 17.5 with the 19.5. You are going to feel like a beast next week anyway with your easy week this week so why not hit the long night trail run this weekend or next? Is everything feeling good tendon and joint wise?

X2 with the only things that come across my mind would be maybe one more night run with a few hours of sleep and then hit it again after the sleep for at least double digits.  also, how are you on nutrition?  all systems go it appears otherwise!

2012-07-12 9:46 AM
in reply to: #4307369

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2012-07-12 2:05 PM
in reply to: #4307077

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI

BigDH - 2012-07-11 11:04 PM I think a 2 week taper is a great idea. May be difficult to handle mentally but you are right, the hay is in the barn. AND you have had a killer year. I think a lot of people do longer tapers for their A race. Remember what Ellie said in her report about running only once in 4 weeks prior to Western States and after Comrades, could you imagine. Clearly you can't. But, I mean, if you want to do your best, given your volume and races to date, a 4 week taper may give you your best shot. But who can do that. So, seeing as you can't, because you love running so much, I think the 3 week build and the 2 week taper is a good plan. You are going to kill that race with those 2 super easy weeks. Your biggest challenge will to not go out to fast. My only real concern is you are averaging more than 2 hours a day on those 3 weeks which is more than you averaged in August, so it doesn't really appear as if you are toning it down. I suppose, when is your night run? Looks like you have it set in that 3rd week out which probably puts it near 2 weeks prior to the race. IF you did it in the 4th week out you would have 3 weeks prior to the race to recover. Maybe switch the 19.5 hr and 18.5 hr weeks. Or he77, switch the 17.5 with the 19.5. You are going to feel like a beast next week anyway with your easy week this week so why not hit the long night trail run this weekend or next? Is everything feeling good tendon and joint wise?

I've been thinking specifically of Ellie's taper for WS in terms of not doing much of anything when I get to CO, but now that I look again at what I've planned, I need to take some of that running time/mileage down and make it more like a 2.5 week taper.  Perhaps the following:

7/30 - 8/5: 100 miles / 15.5 hrs of running

8/6 - 8/12: 30 miles / 5 hrs of running/hiking in CO

Good idea on moving the night run earlier.  I'm going to do one as part of a double, and after a full day of work to sim the exhaustion, so next Friday 7/20, I'll run an hour in the morning, work 8 hours, stay up, and head out when the sun goes down.  I'm planning on going out to this remote area called Stinchfield Woods, where I've memorized the trails -- but they have no markers -- and try to run as long as I can and use my night gear.  I figure if I can do that and not freak myself out too much then I can do the night thing on race day.

Everything is feeling really good in the joints and tendons so far, especially since I started going easier/slower in my training.  That was another good piece of advice I picked up from a BTer on this forum.

2012-07-12 2:24 PM
in reply to: #4307369

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI
djdavey - 2012-07-12 8:41 AM

BigDH - 2012-07-11 10:04 PM I think a 2 week taper is a great idea. May be difficult to handle mentally but you are right, the hay is in the barn. AND you have had a killer year. I think a lot of people do longer tapers for their A race. Remember what Ellie said in her report about running only once in 4 weeks prior to Western States and after Comrades, could you imagine. Clearly you can't. But, I mean, if you want to do your best, given your volume and races to date, a 4 week taper may give you your best shot. But who can do that. So, seeing as you can't, because you love running so much, I think the 3 week build and the 2 week taper is a good plan. You are going to kill that race with those 2 super easy weeks. Your biggest challenge will to not go out to fast. My only real concern is you are averaging more than 2 hours a day on those 3 weeks which is more than you averaged in August, so it doesn't really appear as if you are toning it down. I suppose, when is your night run? Looks like you have it set in that 3rd week out which probably puts it near 2 weeks prior to the race. IF you did it in the 4th week out you would have 3 weeks prior to the race to recover. Maybe switch the 19.5 hr and 18.5 hr weeks. Or he77, switch the 17.5 with the 19.5. You are going to feel like a beast next week anyway with your easy week this week so why not hit the long night trail run this weekend or next? Is everything feeling good tendon and joint wise?

X2 with the only things that come across my mind would be maybe one more night run with a few hours of sleep and then hit it again after the sleep for at least double digits.  also, how are you on nutrition?  all systems go it appears otherwise!

re: sleep/night run, are you suggesting that I sleep for a few hours (say, ~3hrs), then run at night, then sleep more, and then try to run 10+ miles during the day?  Or, is it sleep for a few hours (say, ~3), then try to run for 10+ miles at night?

Nutrition for 50M has been pretty good.  I know that I need to stay aggressive on taking hydration and salt or I dig a hole rather quickly.  I've tried eating some solid foods like pbj, bananas, and granola bars on long runs, and I ate salty potatoes on my 1st 50M, and all of those work fine, but I might try some pizza in training for its salty goodness and to see if my stomach can handle the cheese.  Any other suggestions for solid foods?

2012-07-12 2:50 PM
in reply to: #4308342

2012-07-12 9:36 PM

Expert
Waller County, TX

I think your training is super solid and the taper plan will put you in a golden position to be very successful. You're doing everything right.

As far as foods; I'm a fan of eating little bits of everything available (assuming I like it). Pizza, soups, fruit, salty stuff, hot dogs, quesadillas, mac & cheese, etc., etc.; I've eaten it all. It's this 'real food' that keeps you going after mile 80. Goes for fluids, too; water, coke, g-ade, everything.

FWIW, I'm a believer in electrolyte supplements, also; especially when it's warm and at altitude.

2012-07-13 9:06 AM
in reply to: #4308342

Elite
West Allis, Wisconsin
yeats - 2012-07-12 2:24 PM

re: sleep/night run, are you suggesting that I sleep for a few hours (say, ~3hrs), then run at night, then sleep more, and then try to run 10+ miles during the day?  Or, is it sleep for a few hours (say, ~3), then try to run for 10+ miles at night?

Nutrition for 50M has been pretty good.  I know that I need to stay aggressive on taking hydration and salt or I dig a hole rather quickly.  I've tried eating some solid foods like pbj, bananas, and granola bars on long runs, and I ate salty potatoes on my 1st 50M, and all of those work fine, but I might try some pizza in training for its salty goodness and to see if my stomach can handle the cheese.  Any other suggestions for solid foods?

re: sleep - do your normal run in the morning, work all day (sim exhaustion) then when the sun goes down or later get out and run double digits, get home, sleep for a bit, then go back out in the morning for another double digit..........

nutrition:  hard to say on the foods because everyone is different.  i agree with the poster about the chicken soup tho, that stuff is like liquid crack sometimes!!!  (tho at the kettle 100  their "chicken soup" was actually some ramen noodles put in some not so warm water without the flavoring. tasted like complete crap!)  i do like special K meal replacement bars tho, peanut butter/chocolate...........

2012-07-13 10:19 AM
in reply to: #4309605

Champion
Calgary
djdavey - 2012-07-13 8:06 AM

yeats - 2012-07-12 2:24 PM

re: sleep - do your normal run in the morning, work all day (sim exhaustion) then when the sun goes down or later get out and run double digits, get home, sleep for a bit, then go back out in the morning for another double digit..........

nutrition:  hard to say on the foods because everyone is different.  i agree with the poster about the chicken soup tho, that stuff is like liquid crack sometimes!!!  (tho at the kettle 100  their "chicken soup" was actually some ramen noodles put in some not so warm water without the flavoring. tasted like complete crap!)  i do like special K meal replacement bars tho, peanut butter/chocolate...........

I am curious as to the cost benefit analysis on such a workout. You say run double digits, is that 10 miles or 20 miles. For me a 10 mile mountain run is going to take me 2.5 hours. So lets say I do that friday night and then again saturday morning.

What does that get me. Well I can tell you the Saturday morning run will be slow, I guess I take Sunday off, but that would throw a big wrench in my training for the next week for sure.

I am just working it through my mind, what is the point except to experience exhaustion. Is that worthwhile. Is the trade off of doing those runs worth the recovery time and possible injury. I mean I have done 100 km and that sucked. I figure the difference in exhaustion between a 100 ker and 100 miler is probably the same as the difference between a 5k and 100k.

Like for me I see the value of doing that workout. It is going to take me more than a day to do my 100 miler.

But Ryan, I mean, he does 50 miles in 8 hours. He came in second in his last race. Why does he need to go out there and risk injury stumbling over roots when he is probably going to finish in less than 20 hours.

And, further I will add (I say in a voice oozing with authority), I wonder if you can come close to simulating the feeling you have at 90 miles without first running 90 miles.

I guess it just doesn't seem to me that doing that workout is going to put you in any better shape for the race. That said I am considering doing something similar. But why should I if it is going to sacrifice the better part of a week of training.

2012-07-13 1:57 PM
in reply to: #4309781

2012-07-26 9:55 PM

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI
Ok, tomorrow the night run is on.  The tentative plan is to run 1.5 hours in the morning, then work 12-9, then go out for at least 2 hours at night on my local trails to test foods and lights.  Then I'll sleep for a couple hours, and then head out for another 2+ hours with more food stuffs until dawn.  I'm looking at Ramen noodles, salted + boiled potatoes, pizza, and maybe some pop tarts and Ensure for the sweets.  The hydration pack will be a veritable picnic in a pouch.    
2012-07-27 1:02 PM

Good Luck!

My Trainer is running it, he gave me a packet if we wanted to go out there to cheer him on.  He did the marathon last month and told me that he thought the course would be more technical.  Changed up his training to fire roads instead of "trails". 

2012-07-28 6:53 AM

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI

The Ann Arbor Nighttime Trail 50k is complete.

31.2 trail miles run overnight, and 42 miles run over 24 hours on 2 hours sleep.  I did 1.5 hours in the morning, commuted to and from work on bike, worked until 9pm, went grocery shopping, ate pizza and pop tarts, and ran 2.25 hours at 11pm.  Then I slept from 1:45 - 3:45 and left for the 2nd run at 4am.  I really liked this workout, thanks djdavey!  I think the chance to practice some solid foods while running late, along with the mental toughness it takes to keep moving even if it's slow in the dark will help during the race.

There were definitely some weirdos out there in the wee small hours, but I think I was one of them.  When I got home, all I wanted was a double packet of ramen noodles and to sleep, perchance to dream...of trails.

The good: 5 hour energy, boiled salt potatoes, pop tarts, ramen noodles, Ensure, MYO RXP 2 headlamp with 140 lumens, and the Hal Koerner interview and songs I listened to.

The bad: pizza -- stomach wouldn't settle.  Also, I'm pretty slow in the dark, too cautious of my footing.  

The ugly: Getting up in the 3 o'clock hour with very sore legs and getting out the door was horrible.

Hope this helps for future training ideas.

2012-07-28 6:16 PM
in reply to: #4335221

2012-07-29 5:37 PM

Champion
Calgary
sounds fun....
thinking of trying something similair tomorrow night.

Edited by BigDH 2012-07-29 5:37 PM
2012-07-29 6:07 PM
in reply to: #4335630

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI
wgraves7582 - 2012-07-28 7:16 PM
yeats - 2012-07-28 7:53 AM

The Ann Arbor Nighttime Trail 50k is complete.

31.2 trail miles run overnight, and 42 miles run over 24 hours on 2 hours sleep.  I did 1.5 hours in the morning, commuted to and from work on bike, worked until 9pm, went grocery shopping, ate pizza and pop tarts, and ran 2.25 hours at 11pm.  Then I slept from 1:45 - 3:45 and left for the 2nd run at 4am.  I really liked this workout, thanks djdavey!  I think the chance to practice some solid foods while running late, along with the mental toughness it takes to keep moving even if it's slow in the dark will help during the race.

There were definitely some weirdos out there in the wee small hours, but I think I was one of them.  When I got home, all I wanted was a double packet of ramen noodles and to sleep, perchance to dream...of trails.

The good: 5 hour energy, boiled salt potatoes, pop tarts, ramen noodles, Ensure, MYO RXP 2 headlamp with 140 lumens, and the Hal Koerner interview and songs I listened to.

The bad: pizza -- stomach wouldn't settle.  Also, I'm pretty slow in the dark, too cautious of my footing.  

The ugly: Getting up in the 3 o'clock hour with very sore legs and getting out the door was horrible.

Hope this helps for future training ideas.

Great work. Now you know to say no to pizza sorry about that Better slow and on your feet than fast and face first into dirt or worse!

I was bummed about the pizza because it's such a treat, but my stomach had other opinions.   Totally agree about being careful at night with the footing -- didn't fall once -- and that's a victory!

2012-07-29 6:09 PM
in reply to: #4336348

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI

BigDH - 2012-07-29 6:37 PM sounds fun.... thinking of trying something similair tomorrow night.

Do it!  If you get a chance, I'd be grateful to hear about your experience.  I have so much to learn about this great sport.  

2012-07-30 3:51 PM
in reply to: #4336384

Champion
Calgary
yeats - 2012-07-29 5:09 PM

BigDH - 2012-07-29 6:37 PM sounds fun.... thinking of trying something similair tomorrow night.

Do it!  If you get a chance, I'd be grateful to hear about your experience.  I have so much to learn about this great sport.  

Well tonight is the night. Maybe if I post my plan here I am more likely to go through with it.

Woke at 5:40 this morning, rode 70 min to work. 60 min moderate run on pavement at lunch. Going to ride home around 7 pm after working for 12 some hours. Home 8ish. Make sure the kids are in bed. Thank wife for being so understanding. Then off for 5 (yikes) hours of hills. A short sleep. Back to work tomorrow morning, then a run of some variety over lunch tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I will need it.
2012-07-30 7:51 PM
in reply to: #4337939

Expert
Ann Arbor, MI
BigDH - 2012-07-30 4:51 PM
yeats - 2012-07-29 5:09 PM

Well tonight is the night. Maybe if I post my plan here I am more likely to go through with it. Woke at 5:40 this morning, rode 70 min to work. 60 min moderate run on pavement at lunch. Going to ride home around 7 pm after working for 12 some hours. Home 8ish. Make sure the kids are in bed. Thank wife for being so understanding. Then off for 5 (yikes) hours of hills. A short sleep. Back to work tomorrow morning, then a run of some variety over lunch tomorrow. Wish me luck, I will need it.

You can do this, Darren!  It won't be easy, but endurance sports aren't meant to be, right?  Say hi to the night creatures for us. 

2012-07-31 6:36 AM
in reply to: #4337939

2012-07-31 10:57 AM

Champion
Calgary
Well, as luck would have it, I got home at 8. Fortunately the children were still awake so I had about 90 minutes of domestic duties to attend to, adding another hour or so to my day.

I was exhausted, as usually, upon arriving home. 6 hour sleep on Sunday night, an hour of riding in the morning, an effortless flat run at lunch and an hour riding home, combined with 14 hours away from home is taxing. I do it frequently but usually am collapsed in bed by 10. I was starving before the run, but limited myself to half a cup of rice, a couple bites of chicken and some peas.

I was tired but fairly confident once I started moving that I would be fine.

Legs were surprisingly fresh given the trail runs on Saturday and Sunday and the days events so far. I headed straight for my hills. It was duskish so I did not have my headlamp out. I have a circuit of 4 hills, 2 are 50 meter climbs and 2 are 35 meter climbs. 1 of the 50 meter climbs is runnable, the other three I can't run up (well I can if I am fresh, a couple times, but I was not fresh) the 3 steeper ones are difficult to run down. My plan was to do the 4 hills for a bit until it got too dark and then just stick to the easy hill because running down steep inclines I figured to be a bit dangerous. Managed to do 6 hills before pulling on the headlamp, then managed to do another 4 more before I started freaking out because of the dark and the shadows.

It is so scary running in the dark. I was freaking right out. Especially on the 2 50 meter hills because the grass is past your waist and you can hardly see the single track, and the grass is heavy, pushing you to the side sometimes.

Anyways, I was totally freaking right out. It was still dusk, about 11:10, and I was like no more of this. I mean I had experienced worse panic attacks while running in the dark but I wasn't going to stick around for it to get worse.

So, managed 3 circuits of my hills and a 4th go at the first two. I was going to run on the single track on top of the ridge but the grass was so long and I couldn't make out the trail so I just stuck to the paved path.

Thank fully I didn't completely give up. The 2 shorter hills are right next to a paved trail, so I spent the next 2 hours running down the paved trail and climbing up the shorter hills. Then I saw the porcupine. I have seen that porcupine before but there is something freaky about a porcupine at 1:30 a.m.. It is all shiny with its quills and its little eyes and so close to the ground. Anyways, for the next hour I just stuck to the one hill so as to not risk crossing paths.

Regarding fueling, ha. I went with a twix bar, a mars bar, 2 fruit to go thing and a little package of beer nuts. Not the best choices but my stomach was fairly resilient. I was hungry from the get go and took some chocolate every 30 min or so. Also, hydration pack, of course.

So 33 times up the hills, 1500 meters elevation according to Connect, 30.72 k. 5 hours 1 minute. Got to bed at 3, up at 7. Sore. Haven't been this sore since my ironman in 2008. Even after my 100k I don't think I was this sore, which may make a bit of sense because my hills are a bit steeper than the hills on the course.

I felt good at 2:30 when I stopped. Like I was glad I was stopping but I could keep going. Although I was going slow, like a 8:40 km. Shoulda stuck it out for another 10 minutes or so to see if I would loosen up and get my pace down.

Anyways, here is the run. fun fun. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/205079346

Managed 40k running for the day.

So, THANK GUYS. Don't know if I would have made it through this without you.

2012-07-31 11:34 AM
in reply to: #4339106

Elite
West Allis, Wisconsin

BigDH - 2012-07-31 10:57 AM Well, as luck would have it, I got home at 8. Fortunately the children were still awake so I had about 90 minutes of domestic duties to attend to, adding another hour or so to my day. I was exhausted, as usually, upon arriving home. 6 hour sleep on Sunday night, an hour of riding in the morning, an effortless flat run at lunch and an hour riding home, combined with 14 hours away from home is taxing. I do it frequently but usually am collapsed in bed by 10. I was starving before the run, but limited myself to half a cup of rice, a couple bites of chicken and some peas. I was tired but fairly confident once I started moving that I would be fine. Legs were surprisingly fresh given the trail runs on Saturday and Sunday and the days events so far. I headed straight for my hills. It was duskish so I did not have my headlamp out. I have a circuit of 4 hills, 2 are 50 meter climbs and 2 are 35 meter climbs. 1 of the 50 meter climbs is runnable, the other three I can't run up (well I can if I am fresh, a couple times, but I was not fresh) the 3 steeper ones are difficult to run down. My plan was to do the 4 hills for a bit until it got too dark and then just stick to the easy hill because running down steep inclines I figured to be a bit dangerous. Managed to do 6 hills before pulling on the headlamp, then managed to do another 4 more before I started freaking out because of the dark and the shadows. It is so scary running in the dark. I was freaking right out. Especially on the 2 50 meter hills because the grass is past your waist and you can hardly see the single track, and the grass is heavy, pushing you to the side sometimes. Anyways, I was totally freaking right out. It was still dusk, about 11:10, and I was like no more of this. I mean I had experienced worse panic attacks while running in the dark but I wasn't going to stick around for it to get worse. So, managed 3 circuits of my hills and a 4th go at the first two. I was going to run on the single track on top of the ridge but the grass was so long and I couldn't make out the trail so I just stuck to the paved path. Thank fully I didn't completely give up. The 2 shorter hills are right next to a paved trail, so I spent the next 2 hours running down the paved trail and climbing up the shorter hills. Then I saw the porcupine. I have seen that porcupine before but there is something freaky about a porcupine at 1:30 a.m.. It is all shiny with its quills and its little eyes and so close to the ground. Anyways, for the next hour I just stuck to the one hill so as to not risk crossing paths. Regarding fueling, ha. I went with a twix bar, a mars bar, 2 fruit to go thing and a little package of beer nuts. Not the best choices but my stomach was fairly resilient. I was hungry from the get go and took some chocolate every 30 min or so. Also, hydration pack, of course. So 33 times up the hills, 1500 meters elevation according to Connect, 30.72 k. 5 hours 1 minute. Got to bed at 3, up at 7. Sore. Haven't been this sore since my ironman in 2008. Even after my 100k I don't think I was this sore, which may make a bit of sense because my hills are a bit steeper than the hills on the course. I felt good at 2:30 when I stopped. Like I was glad I was stopping but I could keep going. Although I was going slow, like a 8:40 km. Shoulda stuck it out for another 10 minutes or so to see if I would loosen up and get my pace down. Anyways, here is the run. fun fun. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/205079346Managed 40k running for the day. So, THANK GUYS. Don't know if I would have made it through this without you.

EEEEAAAAWWWWsome job BigDH!!!!  night time running on a trail is just so much fun!  especially seeing all the little critters that come out and join you...............be glad it wasnt a skunk!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Peak Weeks -- Leadville Trail 100 Rss Feed