General Discussion Race Reports! » Triathlon at Lake Chestermere - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Triathlon at Lake Chestermere - Sprint Course - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chestermere, Alberta
Canada
MultiSport Canada
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 34m 29s
Overall Rank = 58/116
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 3/13
Pre-race routine:

Got to the event early, that always is a good thing. Had a smoothie and a small bar. Was perfect.
Swim
  • 16m 16s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 10s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swim felt pretty good, (had to mentally get head straight due to frustration regarding the weeds), once that settled after cornering the the first bouy I felt more comfortable. I have been training in a lake twice a week for last month so felt confident and this is my fastest time in lake swim for 750 M.
What would you do differently?:

Pre race: Get to therapy regarding fear of weeds! lol
Would have liked to get settled down way before the the first bouy...oh well - next year! First time doing this race.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

This T went well or so I thought, super helpful that the race had enough volunteers for stripping, the gal I had was super fast! :) No concerns once I got to my t- area but somehow took longer than I usually do. Didn't time it, but had a glance and I was two minutes here....or there abouts.

practice more! Need to figure out how to time transitions.
Bike
  • 51m 8s
  • 23.2 kms
  • 27.22 km/hr
Comments:

Bike portion went well, felt I was at a comfortable race pace, passed a lot of peeps, dudes too ;) Felt better actually the second lap, found my strength in the legs to push. I had a goal to finish including both T's in under 50 mins....was short by a minute. Not sure what to expect as have never done that distance during a race before.

Issue getting clipped in on rt shoe....more practice mounting.
Need to learn how to take Gel on the ride and not have to slow down so much to get it in.

Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

this T was fast, until I royally screwed up with shoes...(too embarassed to write what happened but was an epic fail that cost me a minute on my run).

calm the hell down!! lol
Run
  • 27m 6s
  • 5 kms
  • 05m 25s  min/km
Comments:

Legs were feeling a little jelly like for the 1st K despite the brick trainings! Was surpirsed by that, I think I tried to really reach my goal on the bike so will go with that theory. Run felt horrible, was pretty much done mentally after first lap but legs felt normal and had a way better run on second lap.

Need to run more, as being a runner prior to doing tri's I seem to let this portion go vs other two segments during training....this race reminded me to hit the path more!! More brick trainings. I can run way faster than this....
Post race
Event comments:

Literature did not match what occured race day regarding swim portion. Even went to the Transition training session on the day before with a friend (her first tri) and they said completely opposite of what occured race day. Glad it wasn't my first race or I would have been confused as could be. Not enough announcements. Many were confused....but great volunteers and course clearly marked on both ride and run.

Last updated: 2012-07-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:16:16 | 750 meters | 02m 10s / 100meters
Age Group: 7/13
Overall: 70/116
Performance: Good
Suit: Wetsuit
Course: Lots of "Aquatic plant life"!!
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 18F / -8C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:51:08 | 23.2 kms | 27.22 km/hr
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 45/116
Performance: Good
the results show per/ 20K race, which isn't accurate. My computer on bike showed my average pace 28.1. This includes both T's of course....
Wind: Some
Course: found the first quarter a little windy with a bit of a headwind, and was a gradual uphill so found it a little slower getting to my pace. Got settled in.....was a good ride.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:27:06 | 05 kms | 05m 25s  min/km
Age Group: 4/13
Overall: 74/116
Performance: Below average
Course: 2 Laps....prefer one lap run but oh well. Bit of an uphill during the first half of each lap... but what goes up must come down! :)
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-07-17 9:35 AM

User image

Calgary
Subject: Triathlon at Lake Chestermere - Sprint Course
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Triathlon at Lake Chestermere - Sprint Course Rss Feed