General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hilarious story from race day.... add-ons welcome!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-07-22 11:42 AM
in reply to: #4323583

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Hilarious story from race day.... add-ons welcome!!

HendleyK - 2012-07-21 6:00 PM My second Tri many years ago was an Oly.  1500m open water swim - First one.  I trained my butt off.  Excited when I hit the water.  Salt water.  Took off. Easy swimming.  Passing people.  Yee ha.  Next thing I know I hear somebody screaming at me.  I look up and it's two guys in a row boat.  I went straight when the bouys made a right turn.  I was way off course and left the turn about 250 meters back.  They asked me if I wanted to quit and get in the boat. I said no, turned around and gave it may all.  I had to swim about an extra 500 meters and I wasn't a great swimmer.  Finished the swim in 35 minutes and finished the Tri in 2:35.  Houston, Budlight in 1985.

Asking a triathlete if he/she wants to quit?  I don't know many that wouldn't take that as just extra motivation to continue and do so at an even harder rate... OF COURSE you didn't  quit!  Well done!!

2012-07-22 12:33 PM
in reply to: #4323334

I never left T2 with my helmet still on but, I have seen a few of those on the run course, I only got a few steps before catching that one.

Yep, that was me yesterday Luckily someone shouted at me before I stepped on the time carpet. Guess I was too discombobulated from grabbing my soaking socks and running shoes from under my wetsuit Embarassed

2012-07-22 4:47 PM
in reply to: #4316285

Wayland, Massachusetts
I was so flustered when I got out of the water at the Philly Tri last month.  I was about to leave the bike rack in T1, when I looked down, and saw that I had one bike shoe and one running shoe on.  Doh!  Luckily, I noticed it there, and not when I was out of T1 about to get on my bike.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hilarious story from race day.... add-ons welcome!! Rss Feed  

of 3